Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Thanks Andrew.

Maybe I’m misreading posts or just not seeing it in the same way that Aris does?

I certainly never mentioned that I think any game makers are actively conspiring to make things worse for SC2 users. That would be absurd.

All I’ve alluded to is the possibility that the Devs have more access to (by design or otherwise) the competitors servo.

That seems to be the case and therefore I’m not surprised at all by there being dedicated settings threads geared towards optimising that particular product. That’s a good thing and more power to them.

On my part, I was just exchanging views here and speculating on why there isn’t as much exposure or help for us guys. It appears that not many SC2 units have made there way to the devs in comparison. I could be wrong on this point but on the face of it, I think that’s a safe assumption.

My enquiries here and elsewhere were aiming to get at why that might be the case, and if so, how can that be improved upon so this doesn’t happen so much in the future.

I’m certainly not great at putting my thoughts into words but I know I haven’t attacked Kunos. I’ve made quite a few posts in the recent past praising ACC for having the best FFB out there.

What I don’t like is having words put in my mouth and being accused of stirring up conspiracy theories.

I’m not arguing with you mate. Just wanted to explain myself :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OK, I ran home at lunch because I was thinking about this. Here are my settings. Like I said before, these are personal preference things, but I like the way this feels. I have not tweaked this since v1.2. I may move some sliders over the weekend and see if I can get a better feeling for myself. I did test with the new Porsche GT3 and no high pitch vibration on my PRO.

1 Like

I am pretty sure Aris reaction was not to you but this post in the link you provided.

1 Like

Also, I might be forgiven for not hearing audible SC2 feedback when racing :wink:

4 Likes

Will test in abit … Thankyou for your help

Thanks for pointing that out Andrew.

I’ve re read the exchange and I can see how that might be interpreted in a different way to my own

I really don’t think Alessandro was saying that any devs are conspiring to make the SC2 worse but rather they seem to be optimising for the competitor, which is inevitable if that’s the servo they are working with.

I do admittedly then say “I’m starting to feel the same”, so if Alessandro’s post is taken in the wrong spirit, mine would therefore be too.

I can now see it from both sides so if you read this, Aris, I apologise for not explaining my concerns with more clarity. No offense towards Kunos or yourself was intended.

1 Like

Thank you Andrew for the mention, nice to see there’s a discussion around these boards, I should visit more often.

As mentioned before by Aris and Stefano, we have no product-specific code going on in the FFB, hell we barely have an FFB code, the whole point is to transmit the physics without any artificial tinkering. You highly overestimate our capacities if you think we have time to write code for specific hardware (apart from supporting LED features but that’s not exactly FFB).

BTW I still have that Argon-based OSW, and I also have the buzzing with the Porsche using the aggressive setup, so it’s something we can look at ourselves luckily.

Generally speaking, unfortunately non-commercial DD wheels are not easy to develop for. My OSW was a private purchase independent from my work, as my tasks unfortunately have nothing to do with physics or features that would require such high-end gear, so it’s only by coincidence we happen to be able to use it. We have a rig-builder partner, who has given us feedback on the SC2 as being one of the early resellers, and we haven’t heard any particular problems, he said it was a clear upgrade from any earlier setup.

If you’re interested in my personal opinion, I can’t go back to AC1 GT cars anymore, with the proper implementation of the gyro and the 333Hz refresh rate, it’s a huge improvement, not to mention the enourmous difference in R&D that has gone into tyre and vehicle dynamics.

5 Likes

Have tried and it’s still there … Barcelona. Thanks tho

Coming to the conclusion that your not going to dial out this problem with the Sc2 as I don’t think it’s at fault it’s the game developer

@pankykapus thanks a lot for all the info, it’s great to see some devs in here :slight_smile:

I wonder if I don’t have the “high pitch vibration” with the Porsche or if am not as critical. As I was driving with the volume off (a surreal thing to do and everyone should try it) I didn’t notice any sounds or vibrations that I don’t experience as part of general FFB in any other car in any other game. Is it more something ppl are feeling versus hearing?

It’s a feeling not a noise

It’s car-setup dependent, what causes it is a stiffer suspension, I only feel it with the aggressive setup at Spa, safe setup is fine. A higher filter can also cancel it out.

2 Likes

I agree spa safe set up its not there but barcalona safe set up it is

Interesting… I was testing the Aggressive set up. I use a CF wheel. I know CF has certain damping properties (depending on the weave). I wonder if that is at play. I notice a vibration at the end of the Hanger straight at Silverstone that occurs right around the irregularity in the surface in the left hand side of the track as you enter the braking zone. Other than that, nothing. :thinking:

Higher filter helps but dosnt get rid of compleatly… how come paul ricaard on aggressive is fine no problems on this track

Probably because not all track surfaces are the same. I don’t own ACC (yet) but in iRacing the track surfaces vary greatly.

I agree tracks vary but the feeling that is there isn’t like track surface detail

Could be also Dynamic Damping that you have at 0%.
For me high Recon Filter 7-8 kills the buzz, along with all other details. :slight_smile:
Seems like Gergo can reproduce it, so the fix is probably on the way.

one thing is for sure, it is car related so not hard coded into the sim ffb…which is good news

1 Like