Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

High in game dampening would have the same effect as a higher recon filter I would expect??

nope, the dynamic damper ingame is the equivalent of the gyro effect in AC, it has nothing to do with recon.

Tried your settings again but with recon filter of 2 and didn’t notice a lot of difference. Might try with 1 and see how it feels. I also need to play with car setup as the cars feel too understeery for my driving style.

Also, why does the steering feel light when turning the wheel while car is stopped - Should the wheel feel heavy? Thinking it’s a ACC thing?

hi, sorry for the late reply.
speaking of recon, I settled on 3, feels good to me now.
the steering feels light with car stopped because of direct input damper at just 10% in those settings I posted, you can have a more heavy stationary wheel by rising that value, same goes for AC.

1 Like

Does direct input dampening affect the ffb overall though? Or just stationary? I’d like to make it heavier when the wheels of the car aren’t moving

I haven’t had time to test the behavior with ACC, but with AC, it used to affect only stationary and very slow speed.

Good question Serge. I’d like to know as well please.

I tested with recon 1 and it feels ok, I can see what you mean but a digital feeling - bumps feel more sharper like you are driving on the rims.

I fixed my understeer issue with some car setup changes.

I have been tweaking and tweaking. Don’t quite have things perfect and still using your settings as a base. Am about 4s off the best times :frowning:

Think I will stick to ACC only for the time being. PC2 and F1 whilst fun mess too much with my consistency.

ACC v1.2 releases with a number of changes.

Have not had a chance to play it yet but this simulation is getting better and better.

I’m having weird high pitch vibration after the update. anyone else noticed changes in FFB-behaviour after update?

Yep… gone back to profile settings for ACC till sorted

Andy, do you mean you are using the ACC template settings provided with the later versions of TD?

I haven’t tried the update yet but it sounds like things have taken a backward step. I hope not as that’ll mean R3E and ACC are now ballsed up within a few days of each other. I’ll be running out of games to play at this rate :joy:

Not sure what’s going on just raced Paul ricaard and it doesn’t happen … raced spa and it’s there allot … nightmare. Yes Paul I’m using latest TD and reverted to TD ACC profile a little less high pitch vibration

1 Like

there are a lot of vibrations going in straights, yesterday i tried everything, even running td without any filter at all - direct inputs too - tried with 333,222 and 111hz, tried with dynamic damping at zero - i always use road effect at zero - but makes no difference at all. even more strange is the fact that it just affects some cars like the porsche 2019, the lambo evo, and not others…
so yes, we basically lost 2 sims in 1 week, r3e and now acc. great times guys.

2 Likes

It’s the road surface effect, turn it down in the main menu, adjustment when on track makes no difference.

like i said, i always had it at zero. from the release.

1 Like

Same as monaco … porsche is what I drive and it’s awful tried same as monaco no success

1 Like

Porsche here also.I got it dialed the way I wanted, and now It’s awful. I can tolerare it with headphones on, but it’s not ideal. Road surface at 0% and no setting in TD seemed to help

1 Like

i hate to say this, but it seems to me more and more sims are being optimized for the direct competitor in the dd market, from what i hear r3e and acc feels great in the other dd.
so like i said i really hate to say this, you can’t imagine how much, but since i am always jumping from one sim to another, i am considering what to do in the next few months, i might become the first to go from sc2 to the competitor.
i am a huge simucube supporter, always had been, but seems to me most sims doesn’t give a damn sh*t about that system.
it wasn’t in my plans to spend that amount of money to be able to play just 3 sims, you know.

1 Like

I can understand you feeling this way. I’m beginning to feel the same.

I know it probably isn’t the case but it feels as if the Simucube isn’t even considered when current game makers are designing/implementing updates. I go and look over at the Sector 3 forums for example and they have a dedicated settings thread just for the competitors servo. When you try to find information and guidance for Simucube, shoulders get shrugged :frowning_face:

Feels like we are in a niche of a niche at the moment.

3 Likes