Assetto Corsa and SimuCUBE

LUT files are used to make FFB-output more linear but, it’s not needed with the OSW as it’s already quite linear. Consumer wheels may benefit from custom LUT-files.

that’s odd we use LUT’s for colour grading footage on film cameras

1 Like

I noticed ENABLE=0
Does that mean Gamma is NOT enabled?

it should work like that… :slight_smile: but play with it and you will feel the difference.

1 Like

@LAR555 Tried your new setting on the Porsche 962c at Monza 1966 Road Course. Felt really good. Force built up nicely and naturally through the fast sweeping bends. And the steering wheel bucks about a bit in bends, like shown in real onboard footage of these great cars.

I’m not convinced the Gamma setting works without ENABLED changed to 1, but I’ll shall leave it at that just in case. Will test on other cars after the weekend.

I can confirm enable does have to be set to 1. I tried gamma =0 with enable set to 0 felt the same as gamma 0.5 with enabled to 0. Then with enabled set to 1, just need to book an appointment with my dentist to have my fillings re done. Just need to test which is best gamma 0.5 or gamma 1

Ps dont set enable 1 and gamma set to 0 unless you fancy your dentist !

Edit:
With enabled 1 and gamma 0.5 its like gamma 0 but half the intensity. So if you have enabled 1 you have to have gamma 1 to stop the shaking.

I have a feeling that gamma is already 1 when enabled is set to 0 and that if you want to over ride gamma then you need to set enable to 1 and gamma to the value you want .

Need more testing.

1 Like

Update with 0.9.1 and 1.6.3 ioni.

Congratulations @Mika you made me cry…

I am still using 0 effects what so ever, 100% power from simucube, 1 recon, Unlimited hz.

What got me the most is the precision of understeer. Now I can feel the difference of the tire friction in corner while turning and when you come from the straight and FULL LOCK the brakes. Now they are two different powers and that’s how it supposed to be! When you are sliding without abs with tyres locked the wheel is almost loose but when you are mid cornering the wheel rarely looses all the power because there is always some friction. It’s been recreated correctly to the standart of real circuit racing I am sure my drivers will confirm this info with me this weekend :slight_smile:

LAR555

1 Like

Great feedback!

I must admit, that 0.9.1 (if you reduce all the effect sliders to 0) is identical in feel to 0.8.x series. No code has been changed at that case.

Also, IONI firmware 1.6.30 implements the new regenerative resistor driving algorithm, which is always on. Some people reported, that it will reduce the feel especially at turn-in (when user generates voltage by turning the wheel). 1.6.90 implements the old method again, but reverts to the new method only to prevent overvoltage faults, which people were reporting in drifting and rallycross.

So, I take the feedback gladly, although I can’t explain the feelings. :smiley:

just wondered what gyro settings people are using.i think some cars feel a little more planted with it on.

I prefer to have Gyro enabled but, be aware it may mean using lower Recon-filter settings or little to no Friction / dampening to achieve best results. Overall, using Gyro provides very good steering stability and consistency among various cars imo.

I have GYRO enabled. Also:

Recon Filter 1,
TBW unlimited,
No Peak & Notch filtering,
No Other Filters,

Is not very noisy for you with Recon at 1??

Game signal is very noisy in my case, but i Will try again with latest ioni firmware, last time i did that was with 1.6.3.

No noise. Small Mige; 40,000 cpr.

Are you running with any DirectInput Effects?

dampening , but it is supposed to work only when the car is stopped.

Domping it’s used for gyro effect

Nice to know, i will try Recon 1 without dampening.

Thanks!

im idiot, i was already using recon 1.

i guess my error comes from mmos , i remember filter there at 4…

Hi all,

Using the method described on this page made an incredible difference to me:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

(Though be aware, the generated LUT file gets placed into ‘My Documents’ - the post does not make that step clear).

The only issue I have remaining is the force of the slip correction. For example when the car goes into a oversteer situation, the self alignment forces on the wheel are very very strong - but in normal driving situations they feel very very good so I am hesitant to just reduce the overall FFB gain. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can tweak this?

I have the slip effect set to 0 in AC.

I did the LUT Generator thing with my previous ‘commercial’ wheel, but had understood it was not necessary on DD wheels, as they are already linear.

2 Likes

Hi

I am using the Gyro + recon=3 damping 0%, friction 0,5%, inertia 1% on my lenze. The inertia was needed to avoid high speed oscillation. After the upgrade to 9.x simucube the directinput appeared as an extra and the first thing I noticed was a very intensive vibration when car was stopped. I lowered the direcinput damping to 2% and the vibration disappeard but the wheel became weightless again during parking (no ffb at all like before directinput). On track the ffb is working.

Question is what is the recommended settings for directinput dampening? I love the feeling that I feel the weight of the wheels during parking but I am afraid that dampening will kill some kind of effects during driving.

so what is the official statement about this, shall we use it or not ? :slight_smile:

thx in advance

bests
Szabolcs