Assetto Corsa and SimuCUBE

I had that 99% CPU warning msg as well. I solved mine by updating my graphics card driver. You can give it a try.

I have everything up to date.

I hope this gets sorted out. Iā€™d spend money to get it sorted, if I knew it would work.

Anyone for whom this is not a problem, maybe you could post your Simucube hardware version?

99% CPU warning is known and well documented in the AC forum and it is related to the force feedback refresh rate:

[FF_SKIP_STEPS]

VALUE=4

This should solve any ā€œCPU OCCUPANCY > 99%ā€ warnings.

There are no functional differences between each SimuCUBE hardware revision. Your issue seems to be just related to USB things, and those are exactly the same in all hardware versions.

That was the fix for very old or cheap steering wheels like the Microsoft Sidewinder or Saitek R440.

For OSW, ticking ā€œHalf FFB Update Rateā€ in the the UI Options -> Controls -> Advanced should do the job. It brings the ā€œFF_SKIPS_STEPSā€ value back to ā€œ1ā€.

And not something I will do. There is way more noise with the lower rate.
Much more enjoyable with the full rate, and faster

Edit: And thanks to everyone who has helped with suggestions.
Hopefully we find out whatā€™s going on

I have some problems stuttering with my triple screen SLI setup that have been getting worse.
It to some extent, seems to be related to nvidia driver update, but going back to older version makes it bit better but not all god. Yesterday I did an benchmark inside the came with this result:

AC VERSION: 1.15.2 (x64)
FPS: AVG=151 MIN=32 MAX=263 VARIANCE=23 CPU=75%

LOADING TIME: 14s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (7680x1440)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 8
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:100:

During this benchmark, the game play was very smooth with not even a slightest of stutter and got me thinking of alternative cause of the stutter.

Would it be possible for the SimuCube to cause stutter in-game or is that not even possible?

It shouldnā€™t be possible, but you can test by putting SimuCUBE into a state where it does not send any data to PC.
This can be accomplished by either

1. press e-stop, shutdown simucube, start simucube, do not release e-stop
  2. Activate IONI USB connection mode from the advanced tab.

In either of these states, no USB reports are being sent to PC. Of course, you canā€™t drive with this, but it should be enough to see if there is stuttering or not.

ok thank you, now when i think about it, I have an old formula gt wheel i can plug in test if it changes anything.

I was wondering, since the issues only happen when the car is stopped, maybe it could be solved by stopping Assetto Corsa from issuing damper commands?

Is there a way to do it?

no, it cannot have anything to do with thatā€¦

Hello,

I am a circuit/rally driver and for the past two years I spend around 8 hours a day on OSW.I am living of building simulators and coaching other drivers by using OSW DD system. I have 10 Simucube wheels and I specialize in assetto corsa since it is very easy to work with.
I have tried encoders from 5k to recent Sincos and always managed to find some realistic ffb feelings . My only advice is to avoid any effects in simucube and assetto because they do make wheel slower even thou you think it has improved but probably itā€™s been lost in other placeā€¦ What real drivers are looking for is constant force in the centre and to feel understeer effect.

I am very happy with this new simucube soft because it made the wheel more stable in the center since it was the only drawback of the system. In reality car wants to come back to straight positioning after cornering as soon/smooth/steady as possible and STAY there!

The settings are similar to my mmos, basically as pure force as possible :slight_smile:

In game settings at 32%.
Here are my current settings on 40k encoder, Small Mige.
I am still not sure between 680hz or 1000hz it acts different on different wheels depending on wheel weight.

assetto cfg 2

I will post settings of Sincos encoder later but first impression is good and I have managed to find even more constant and direct power to the wheel.

LAR555

7 Likes

As I have a Small Mige with 40K encoder and play mostly AC, with a bit of DR, many thanks @LAR555 for posting your settings, which I will test. Generally, what in car ffb do you have?

If you get time, Iā€™d be interested to know (on the Dirt Rally settings thread here) what SimuCube and Vibration & Feedback settings you recommend as the most realistic.

Thanks

I try to leave all the cars at 100% but some require adjustments rarely more than 15%.

if the wheel is too light I add a little bit (2-10%) of damping from directinput effect.

1 Like

on assetto corsa itā€™s wrong Do not use the dumper because the game uses it for some effects

Thanks
It feels hole lot better than settings i had on my small midge with Sincos encoder
I used 60% in SimuCUBE 75 in game. similar to my rf2 force settings
RF2 my main game slowly setting up all my others again since fitting Sincos encoder mainly reducing filters in and out game allot and upping TBL
I had changed allot due to a knock which turned out to be collar on hub too loose. still kicking myself but had RF2, P Cars 2 updates new GT3 pack and assumed it was coming from game till it became more noticeable :roll_eyes:
should of posted on here at Christmas 2 sec fix lol

I added a little Directinput damping effect (I thought this only worked when below 3mph) and upped in game gain back to 45%. It still feels a little light in the middle and that I need more damping, BUT I am finding I can catch and control oversteer better with you settings.

However, your Assetto Corsa settings (with the steering range at 900) have really transformed Project Cars 2 for me. Thanks.

Previously, I had usually run sims with the TBW at Unlimited. Anyone know what effect it actually has when changing to say 1000hz or 680hz?

Update after 0.9.0

There is no reason not to use Unlimited hz because it helps for the wheel to find constant force in every angle possible. The force straightens the wheel to the center position and this is one of the most important parts about realism which was missing with massive oscillations in the center.

I find filters unnecessary because they somehow kill the natural feed of information from AC.

Here are my current setting.
Notice the 80% of wheel power, so I put in game force to 40%. I found this combo to be less spiky.

In the last update I forgot to mention about FF_post_process in documents/cfg/. I believe that changing gamma from 0.5 to 1 gives wider ratio for FFb to work with. You can notice that slides become managable a lot more easily.

ff

Other settings are couple messages above.

LAR555

4 Likes

What exactly is in your crazy1.lut file?

I have not changed anything, I think you are not supposed to mess with lut file.

1 Like