Assetto Corsa and SimuCUBE

Thanks for the driver, it’s done it.

No, I didn’t get any faults

Edit: also, in Device Manager, BCM2045A0 does not have a driver installed, any idea what this is?

Is it looking like I’ve got a bad Simucube?

By googling, that seems to be some broadcom bluetooth chip, also used in some SteamVR devices.

Is it possible to try with another computer? I suspect some USB issue with your system, possibly EMI/wiring related.

I just tried plugging out the motor from the Simucube, I still get the 99% warning

Edit: So it can’t be EMI, right?

What is this 99% error? I don’t know what it means.

It’s a message that appears at the top of the screen “CPU Usage at 99%”. When I see it, I know I will get jump start penalties, due to the lights going out before they are supposed to(and other cars move around a bit on the line)

Edit: I can get rid of the message, and jump starts, by ticking the “half ffb update rate” box

Also, it very strange that it stops working with the new USB card, everything else works with it. I just tried ticking the box, with it plugged into the new card, it still stops working

Is it only happening if you play with SimuCUBE?

What if you have both the SimuCUBE and the Logitech wheel, and assign your controls to the Logitech wheel. Does it also happen then?

OK the message is actually " Warning CPU occupancy>99%

I tried plugging both wheels in and assigning steering to Simucube, still get the 99% warning

Then I tried assigning steering to the g25, and with the Simucube still plugged in, I don’t get the warning

Edit: Is it not a bit telling that it won’t work with the new USB card? I just tried ticking the “half ffb rate” box, with it plugged into the new card, it still stops working

Also, Simucube hardware version is Revision 1(r004)

Does this mean anything?

Edit: Also, with it plugged into the new card, in Simusube configuration tool, before it stops working, it says Active profile is “read only safe profile”, and when I try to create a new profile, the tool crashes. Before it crashes, there is lag with changing the settings on the profile

It’s likely that the OSW is refreshing at a higher rate than your g25, meaning it uses more CPU so you run out of CPU power. That or the simuCUBE open source firmware/software is using enough CPU to put you at the limit.

You could put
[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=
to 1 in \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

This would be the same as ticking the box, it will fix the problem, but obviously I don’t want to do it

I’m pretty sure my CPU is not running out of power, it’s a 6 core 4.4 GHz monster

I might send you a special build at the same time as I release the next version. For that, I will reduce the usb update rate to much lower value, to see if the issue is with that.

However, can you test one more thing:

1. shut down SimuCUBE
  2. Press e-stop
  3. Turn on SImuCUBE. Do not release e-stop. The configuration tool will say “waiting for faults to clear”.
  4. Now go to game, and to start where you get the problem. Of course the wheel will not work at this operating state, but it can reveal if it is related to the update rate at all.

Does the problem happen with this? In the “waiting for faults to clear” state, SimuCUBE is not sending any HID report updates to PC at all.

Edit: another way to test is to put the system to IONI Granity Configuration Mode and then launch a game - no usb reports are sent that way either.

Hello Emmett_Scully
I had that problem with Mmos too, it is not a problem related to simucube, my pc is also a beast and I also got the message: Warning CPU occupancy> 99%, I solved it by checking the box: Half ffb update rate
but I see that it does not work for you. It does not really affect your CPU, it’s a false message.

It seems that it really affects Emmett’s driving as he will get false starts etc.

To me only the message came out on the screen, but it did not affect me to the driving, maybe it is not related, or different errors, I hope that I solve it soon, sorry for the intromision.Cheers

To be clear, the half ffb rate option DOES work, but then I won’t have the same information, & can’t drive as fast

OK Mika, I’ve done exactly as you said.

I still get the message

Then its not related to SimuCUBE’s USB update rate either.:thinking:

I and other people also had Mmos.

The CPU occupancy> 99% error message problem appeared for some wheels, including some OSW and Bodnar wheels, after the Assetto Corsa version 1.12 update. Many OSW owners had it. And this was long before the SimuCUBE beta Firmware was released.

The problem is solved, as you have found, and as recommended by Kunos, by ticking the half ffb rate box. For me, after a few months and before I went over to the SimuCUBE firmware, it resolved itself. I do not know how, but I no longer get the message if I do not tick the box.