Assetto Corsa and SimuCUBE

Is not very noisy for you with Recon at 1??

Game signal is very noisy in my case, but i Will try again with latest ioni firmware, last time i did that was with 1.6.3.

No noise. Small Mige; 40,000 cpr.

Are you running with any DirectInput Effects?

dampening , but it is supposed to work only when the car is stopped.

Domping it’s used for gyro effect

Nice to know, i will try Recon 1 without dampening.

Thanks!

im idiot, i was already using recon 1.

i guess my error comes from mmos , i remember filter there at 4…

Hi all,

Using the method described on this page made an incredible difference to me:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

(Though be aware, the generated LUT file gets placed into ‘My Documents’ - the post does not make that step clear).

The only issue I have remaining is the force of the slip correction. For example when the car goes into a oversteer situation, the self alignment forces on the wheel are very very strong - but in normal driving situations they feel very very good so I am hesitant to just reduce the overall FFB gain. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can tweak this?

I have the slip effect set to 0 in AC.

I did the LUT Generator thing with my previous ‘commercial’ wheel, but had understood it was not necessary on DD wheels, as they are already linear.

2 Likes

Hi

I am using the Gyro + recon=3 damping 0%, friction 0,5%, inertia 1% on my lenze. The inertia was needed to avoid high speed oscillation. After the upgrade to 9.x simucube the directinput appeared as an extra and the first thing I noticed was a very intensive vibration when car was stopped. I lowered the direcinput damping to 2% and the vibration disappeard but the wheel became weightless again during parking (no ffb at all like before directinput). On track the ffb is working.

Question is what is the recommended settings for directinput dampening? I love the feeling that I feel the weight of the wheels during parking but I am afraid that dampening will kill some kind of effects during driving.

so what is the official statement about this, shall we use it or not ? :slight_smile:

thx in advance

bests
Szabolcs

As I understand it, the DI-dampening only affects the stationary steering resistance, nothing more. From my brief testing, that seems to be the case.

DI dampening is used for Gyro effect.

Gyro=1 but DI damping at 2% is a nosense at all

so if you set DI damping at 2% you are not using Gyro …well in fact a 2%…

if you set 100 gain in simucube and then adjust master gain in game i think is good to put in direct input Damper at half of the value of your gain inside AC.

1 Like

Thx for tour reply. If i keep it o. 100% i get an insane oscillation. Not a slow one with big turns but some kind of 500hz super intensive. What do you suggest to eliminate this.

So the directinput dampening is not only effects while parking but all the time?

If you are going to use gyro then set directinput damping , more or less 25% for a small mige , 15% for Big mige and lenze servos.
Do not add any more inertia, friction or damping ,

If you are not going to use gyro , just set the directinput damping to the value you feel is fine to get resistance in the wheel when the car is parked.

1 Like

I will try that after work. What level of recon do you recommend? currently for assetto I use 3, for Iracing I have 5 (to get the same smoothness level).

i have recon 1.

Regards

Hi itried it with recon 1 gyro enabled and directinput damper 15%, unlimited tbw all other things at 0. The result was ok. No oscillation, smooth feeling.

Tried it at 50% damper, same result no real differenc ein feeling, perhaps a bit bigger force was needed to turn the wheel while parked.

That’s been my experience as well and as I recall as stated by Stefano (Kunos), is as designed (only affects the resistance when car is not moving).

seems to be absolutely valid! anyway that’s my only problem with simucube. there is no official end user documentation about FFB settings in different games. Everybody is doing a try and error approach.

We are planning to include the best stuff from the forums into the user guide.

2 Likes

Don’t misunderstand me, I love my simucube and the bug fixes and the support through this forum is fantastic! This end user guide would help simucube to grow and to reach new customers (real consumers :slight_smile: not fanatics like us ).