Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

Probably the same as 2020.10, nothing I personally find objectionable, never go higher than Recon 1.

Maybe I did, one never knows

I just use FFB clip in manual override and direct drive mode and to monitor the FFB signal.

3 Likes

I use it for the exact same purpose. I can’t see anything wrong with that

1 Like

Hi @Andrew_WOT. The settings you share with me are awesome. But any chance do you have any good one for RFactor 2?

1 Like

It’s Gianclaudio Regazzoni … or “Regga” :wink:

1 Like

That was intended, anyway: I remember so good, I was 8 years old: I saw the first F1 race in the night!! Watkins Glen. For me, as a Swiss, it was never ever a question that Gian-Claudio Giuseppe “Clay” Regazzoni was a very fast, cool and unique F1 driver. I sometimes think about this time, when legendary Austrian TV commentator Heinz Prüller lost overview from time to time :joy::joy::joy: Swiss TV didn’t covered all the races, like they do today. But Austria always did.

2 Likes

Clay was very lucky here! (1969 Monaco F3)

@Andrew_WOT. Hi Andrew. What is main reason to use 2021.9 instead the last one?.

You can check release notes https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases
First release after that one was 2021.11 featuring “major” FW rewrite, that also removed Classic version forcing everyone to online Paddock.
After that it was just a stream of rewrite bug fixes without really adding anything functional.
May be it’s already stable enough to match 2021.9 stability and smoothness, not sure, just not fan of forced online that brings nothing to me personally.
Plus there is another BIG SW rewrite in progress, why relearning new things twice when you can just wait it over. :man_shrugging:

please stop spreading misinformation, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Andrew_WOT just tested your settings, and they are good! On racetrack they are really good, only thing is it looses a lot of strength when it has understeer. But that s just nitpicking.

I also do Some rally and hillclimbs and the ffb is strong in a crash or when having a little suspension lift and the car regains control, there is a Spike nearly ripping off my arm. What setting does control that? Lower per car gain for rally cars?

I also tested the neckfx with lock to horizon.
The jumping is gone, but there still is body roll. Can it be turned down?

Grts!!!

Which part is it, that everyone has to use Paddock that requires online account registration and just limited (backup) functionality for offline use?

Do you have enhanced understeer checked by any chance, you are talking AC not ACC settings I assume.
As for hillclimb and rally, well, AC physics engine has its limitations and wasn’t build specifically for this kind of conditions. What you can do to save your arms, is to lower TD gain and increase one in game to compensate, this way even in situations when game outputs crazy spike, SC2 won’t output full force. Just watch for signal clipping and don’t go to high with in game gain.
Also, can’t stress enough, do not use CM “more accurate” Gyro, use standard one only, in fact, disable the whole FFB Tweaks section in CM.

@Andrew_WOT thanks! I am going to try that.
Seems ffb are really personal but I like your kind of feeling. I just have been plating around with ams2 as Well, tried rfuktor, danielkart, with custom files etc but i didnt like em. I saw you posted there as well and they feel good as well. So Thanks x2 :wink:

Maybe ams2 is even better as AC now

1 Like

The offline mode can now be used on its own, software can be configured to always just use offline mode, and also the only feature missing from the old profile management system is the reordering of profiles, but thats not in Paddock either. Its just so obvious that you haven’t tried the latest software, that you are almost embarrassing yourself now.

3 Likes

Good to know that user feedback was finally heard and offline mode steadily improves. The state it was originally released was practically unusable with “talk to the hand” attitude from GD.

Mika, do you have any ETA on the new TD or whatever new name of the SW package will be, and what is the nature of changes, functional, cosmetic, or just combined UI lumped together with pedals control.

P.S. BTW, this is one of your recent replies on offline mode, seems like you still treat it as a bastard child.

3 Likes

a copy paste of aseteks software would be ideal for me, something easy to use, modern and stylish

Your comments piqued my interest to look for it. Looks like you can completely disable sound notifications, nice.

1 Like

Hi Andrew

Whats the reason youre using an older version of TD?