Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

It’s maybe also possible that you don’t tighten the security bolt enough. Can cause different problems, some of them will even affect the shaft. I think (and hope) that it’s not the shaft.

My field of view in AC: 31.4 horizontal. Is one of the most important settings in simracing and also one that is widely ignored or setup is not correct

Not like it’s related to Simucube in any way but AC is using VFOV.

I just KNEW you couldn’t resist. So easy…and predictable

If that’s what you were expecting to get after posting another BS, then yes.
But may be you have some other issues, hard to tell from your incoherent s-posting. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

if it were something related to Simucube, I would answer.
You “Just got Punk’d” (I quote Ashton Kutcher) and awarded with the new badge “community cop”.
But as I said: not related to Simucube

this guy is delusional.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Which is the filter to delete a very annoying, consistent, very small vibration that i have since the car start to move. Same at every speed. Isn’t the asphalt vibration or a road effect. Is something that belonge to the motor.

Does someone can post the original TD profile for AC?

Thx

my FOV in AC is 38, which I calculated using modern fov calculator. I have 103 in iracing.
You dont see entire screen in this movie, i have a 49" ultrawide. Isnt my fov correct?

If your eyes are 48 cm away from the monitor 38 is perfect. More far away and Fov number decreases, closer it increases. Fe 60 cm distance FOV in Assetto Corsa is 31.4. Calculated with ratio 32:9, 49 inch single monitor, bezels therefore without impact

Now I have a doubt about the gyro, is it better to use the AC one or the CM one?

@Andrew_WOT has explained or reviewed the differences earlier in this thread I think. I use the other CM one, but maybe you like something else, it’s subjective.

1 Like

Hey, any new settings worth a try at this point?

@Highmynamesryaan
Here are my settings:

To activate the original AC gyroscope you must :
1 check the box circled in red
2 check the AC gyroscope box
3 uncheck the box circle in red

then once on the track lower the FFB of your car I am between 11 and 15 depending on the strength you want

Last info in content manager - settings - Custom Shaders Patch - FFB Tweaks, I don’t use it, so the box is unchecked

Last thing while loading the game press the emergency stop button, because the steering wheel gives a hit, because it is set to 100% in the game, but once set everything is fine.

Since last month I changed my settings back to what I always liked, that is 60% NM and no filters, but last week I had a discussion with @bsohn about his settings and I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised, because they are quite to my taste, they look like 98% of my settings, the difference is that I set the NM to 60%, the RECON filter to 2, the feeling on the track is almost identical to my settings I’m really counting, so I post these settings here because they are really well suited for AC bravo bsohn for your sharing.

I add that I set my winnings on 100% and that I lower the FFB per car once on the track.

SETTING bsohn

Maybe stupid question, but came to me lately trying diferrent settings and trying to improve the feeling…
Am I supposed to feel any effects without enabling the “canned” effects inside the game?

What effects are you missing? I think the only “effects” AC uses are when the car is stationary, otherwise they come from the physics engine more or less.
I use similar settings shared here and I can’t complain about FFB at all.

Yes. Those canned effects are AFAIK not based on the physics adapted from (where they get it from?? Maybe certain values they are known from real cars like downforce, springs, horsepower… never thought about that tbh) and or the game engine. These effects are like a topping off an Ice cream, giving some excitement and immersion. I have them on 0 and FFB is good. Curbs feel totally different depending on the size, track surface, painted areas, weight transfer, over and understeering caused by bump in track ammo

Thanks for the response, I’m happy with the FFB overall, the wheel reacts as it should in my opinion, it’s just that without canned effects i can’t really feel much of the road surface, some of the curbs…etc… but it might be related to the slew rate as indicated by other user on this thread.

Yes, I agree, I can still feel something from time to time depending on the size of the curb and different scenarios, but the way I see some people explain their feeling with their wheel bases and effects at 0.
I feel like i’m missing something when drive with effects at 0, but as set in the post above it might be related to slew rate
I prefer lower slew rate as i can control better the snap back of the wheel, but then it’s like something for something