Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

Sorry for asking this but on TD screenshot it seems you are running on safe mode with only 4.4 NM which would be awful anyway. So if that is not it, then i am totally out of ideas. In SC pro R1 sometimes also people had crippled ffb due to loose connections in cables, maybe worth trying checking all cables connections… Seriously don’t know what to tell you… Give a try with the merc evo in nordschleife, put damping, friction and inertia to 0 and go through a few turns. Maybe there is something off with the car-track you are using… ACC is different story by the way and not really for my taste.

Yes that would help a lot i believe, but before doing that have a go on my suggestions. If that does not work maybe it is a hardware issue and other people might be able to help.

Sure I care about all your suggestions. I tested already many track and cars but I will going on checking. Also at the Ring. I also check cables yesterday but looks everything correct.

Just to be sure I also ask right now to someone else to drive my sim. And the feeling was the same.
Same test on the straight line comparing steeringwheel straight and waving from a side to the other. 2 different feelings. The second one is empty.
Curbs and bumps feeling depending on speed and clearance. Same are not notice by the motor.

Thanks a lot for your time again.

It is just very strange. What bugs me is that with the CSW you were able to feel this, but not with the SC? That is crazy… Just to be sure, even with other settings, you were never able to feel this right? Try to upload a video showing the issue and i am sure a solution will be found.

Yes exactly. With the csw the steeringwheel was moving also inside corners following the road, letting me feel the suspensions pumping.
I drove few times at the ring with the 155 DTM or with the Mercedes c9 fighting with the steeringwheel.

Before when I let somebody else testing, the answer was: “On the straight is a simulator, in the corner is a poor game.”

I will make a video tonight.

I think there is something wrong with the ffb of 155 (if we are talking about the same car), but the Merc C9 as far as i remember is good fun. I can definitely say to you that on turns in the ring i have to fight the wheel (a great example where everything is overly exaggerated though is the carousel) all the time and can feel everything. So, the settings cannot be wrong… Try posting a good video.
Also have your tried other sims like AMS2 or Rfactor2? Do you get the same thing there, or is it different? Cause if things are good there, then it shouldn’t be the hardware and maybe something is broken in AC…Also, are using a USB hub? Have you tried changing USB ports on you PC, Just some more silly ideas…

just suggestions for you to try

set all those other filters at 0% and off in true drive

ingame untick unlock experimental options and as for the more physically accurate gyro reset its strength

try them out. also don’t forget to see what power the car needs ingame bec it depends from car to car , you can alter the power by using your keyboard’s “+” and “-”

1 Like

It’s difficult or impossible to understand from the video. I will try again tomorrow.

No usb hub. I changed from a ss10 to a ss usb. No difference.
I don’t think is a usb or cable problem but was good to try.

I sow on TD software that there is a Telemetry of the servo. I don’t know how works but mathematic always says the truth. (More or less)

Here is a video on the Ring’s straight.

If you fix the black screen’s frame behind the wheel as reference, you can see the wheel correctly move and shake because of the road disconnections.

When I turn, even if there are still disconnections (the dashboard of the car is still shaking), there are no more movements on the wheel that is giving me a completely flat feeling.

I have a full lap of the ring showing that but I think is not necessary.

I know that looks something small from a video but is not. The difference on feeling is really huge. And frustrating while driving. Believe me.

As I said already, on other tracks with smaller curbs sometimes I don’t feel those.

I see your point. Just checked exactly the same scenario and i get a very different outcome. What is your in-car FFB, i am running the c9 at 110. Also have you tried what Loukas_Bourdas suggested? Probably there is something off with the gyro of AC. If that doesn’t maybe a new game installation would do it (just maybe…).

in the settings you posted you are running td in safe mode, limited to 4nm. enable high torque mode otherwise it will clip with ac gain at 100%.

I tested everything. Also about Gyro settings. Thx @Loukas_Bourdas for your suggestion.

The issue is also on ACC. Same thing.
(Where I also try and test many setups)
So the problem is not on AC.

Maybe I should delete TD to make a full restart of the servo. (On TD software anyway is saying that firmware are correctly installed)

I wrote to GD support. Let’s see them suggestions.

Maybe I should do it earlier, but is in my beaver to first be sure that I do everything correctly and to anyway find a solution by my self.

Anyway believe me guys, the feeling of the first drive (following the start procedure with all the tests) was very bad. I was really shocked.
I can’t believe 10 days ago and I can’t believe now that this is the real potential of such a product. So I wait positively for GD replay.

Thx SuperMonaco_GP.
It was on Safe Mode only because I was in stend by for long time and the base did some bips.

When I drive I always enable the torque.
(Otherwise the wheel is so soft and inconsistent that is free to spin with the wind :joy:)

Tell you the truth I also test to drive 100% gain both on TD and Game. Strong but I aspect 25nm as a stronger feeling.

when you say 100% in ac you mean gain value in the main menu or gain you can set per car while driving?

I tested both. Plus the 100 on TD.
But let me start the sim and I check again.

try 100% in td and 40% in ac main gain.

I tested now:
100% gain on TD
100% gain on game setting
100% FFB on car FFB Controller

(Bmw Z4 gt3 in Imola with the posted setting)

On corners (over 10 degrees) I can hold the steeringwheel with 2 fingers per hand if I want.
Everything disappeared.

On the straight is strong. Some too big shake on road disconnections and too much micro vibrations and metallic resonance.

Wheel straight and turned are 2 completely different things. Is not less feeling or not perfect. Is 100 and 0. And is possible to perfectly feel at how many degrees this happen.

I strongly feel that this is some type of a game settings issue, but I do not have enough experience of AC in detail to point out what it is…

You are right trying to exhaust all possible scenarios trying to find a solution. For sure this not the potential of an SC2 pro and there is either a software or even a hardware issue. If i were you, i would check this problem with other sim titles (apart from Kunos). Anyway I believe that Mika and the team will be able to shed some light on this and hopefully it will be resolved soon.