Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

@A-F give a try to the settings i posted yesterday. I think the gyro implementation of CSP kind of solves the issues that you are describing. For me it transformed the feeling a lot so it might make sense to you as well.

Thx Panschoin, i test it and is a good one like the one from iBra.

But is not solving the problem that I have.
Steeringwheel straight and I can feel the road as well the steeringwheel has some small movements (not only vibrations).
When I turn is like an other dimension. The road feeling disappears. Vibrations and small movements.

Can you notice that when you drive?

Am I the only one to the have the feeling that I describe before?

Maybe someone from Granite Devices can give me an help?

Hi A-F, i am not sure i understand what you are trying to say. Do you still have feedback while turning or not? What i can say to you is that some cars have better feedback implementation than others, while also the track plays a role in this. Sometimes also the stock car setup is awful. Give a try to Mercedes 190 evo on a laser scanned track with 110% incar FFB and see if it is any different (use my rest settings).

Iā€™ve just picked up AC for a bit of fun (rf2 being my ā€˜properā€™ sim) and am experiencing an odd high-frequency resonance in my rig that must be annoying the hell out of my partner watching tv on the floor below!

Itā€™s an audible frequency that starts off quite high pitched and drops progressively as the speed increases - a bit like someone playing a scale on a double-bassā€¦:rofl:

From memory, Iā€™m running recon 1, in TD. Are there any key TD or CM settings that will take this out?

My partner is used to the bigger thumps from kerb hopping etc. in rf2 - but this continuous vibration could be quite tryingā€¦

TIA.

I still donā€™t have feedback while turning.

Trying to explain.
Steeringwheel straight: vibrations from asphalt, small movements on steeringwheel, strong feedback from curbs and bumps.
Steeringwheel turn: like a more flat feedback, no more vibration or movements. Feedback from curbs or bumps not always.

You can test it also on you configuration. Any track. (Now Iā€™m using Imola) Try on the straight line to turn more than 10-15 degrees. I can feel a big difference on the feedback.

I usually test with gt3 cars on kunos tracks.
Now Iā€™m using Imola with BMW Z4

I will test also with the 190 Evo that I also use sometimes with my previous servo (Fanatec csw 2.5).

On real life is anyway not the heaviest (and precise) steeringwheel that I drove.
I raced once with a DTM replica.

2 Likes

That is nice!! I ll check later on Imola and come back to you, in the meantime try Nordschleife with the Evo, there is enough road feel and bumps there to check this issue.

That rising and sinking frequency is the Road Effect setting in AC. I donā€™t like it so I set it to 0% (same with ACC).

Ok so i tried at Imola with 911 GT3 2017 and i can confirm to you that while turning i get bumps, vibrations and noise from the SC2. This is with my settings and 100% in car ffb. These are not overly pronounced in Imola with this car but they are definitely there. With my settings (please check that you have copied exactly everything) and this car-track combo try reducing recon to 1, increasing road feel to lets say 50% and use 120% in car ffb. If with these, you still donā€™t get anything then its either a setting you have missed, or there is a hardware issue, or you have very different expectations. Please also take a screenshot of your settings (especially the AXIS tab from CM) and post it here.

Thx I will check and tell you back.

Thanks @LarsT - Iā€™ll try that later.

Iā€™m testing now.
Sorry if I ask again.
You confirm me that on Imola straight line (at full speed) steering on right and left from a side to the other of the track (so more than 10 degrees) you have the same feeling on the steeringwheel compared to drive straight?

You donā€™t miss the asphalt feeling? (vibration and small steeringwheel movements that you have while the steeringwheel is straight)

If you didnā€™t before, please make this test on the different straights.

Thanks for your time Panshoin.

On small bends like the one to go up to Piratella I can still fill the road. But on real corners no more.

Why is bad for me?

First because is a strange feeling to feel something and than jump in other dimension while turning.

Second but most important I canā€™t feel when the car is pumping. I can see that on the screen. I expect that. But the steeringwheel has just a flat FFB.

:sweat:

In all turns i think i feel whatever i am supposed to feel. When turning of course, the self-aligning torque and suspension forces take over so everything else will feel less pronounced (unless there is big bump or dip or curb). What i need you to do is to take screenshots of your settings and post them here. Even if it sounds weird to you, i have seen similar issues with other people in the past and we had to go through that process. Also do you have the SC2 Pro R1 or R2?

Itā€™s not weird. Here are my screenshots.

I may sound absolutely stupid, but have you disabled the safe torque mode in TD?

I have SC2 Pro R2 (only 1 power supply)

I have the same problem on ACC.

Is my first DD so i donā€™t know how this system is working. Iā€™m coming from a Fanatec CSW 2.5 which i hadnā€™t this issue.

I tested as you said to turn up Road Effect to 50% but on the straights is too much and the motor is vibring too much. On corners doesenā€™t change.

:grinning: yes yes i didā€¦

I would like to make a videoā€¦
I think is not possible to up load directly here. Maybe on YouTube and than link here.