Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

If your eyes are 48 cm away from the monitor 38 is perfect. More far away and Fov number decreases, closer it increases. Fe 60 cm distance FOV in Assetto Corsa is 31.4. Calculated with ratio 32:9, 49 inch single monitor, bezels therefore without impact

Now I have a doubt about the gyro, is it better to use the AC one or the CM one?

@Andrew_WOT has explained or reviewed the differences earlier in this thread I think. I use the other CM one, but maybe you like something else, it’s subjective.

1 Like

Hey, any new settings worth a try at this point?

@Highmynamesryaan
Here are my settings:

To activate the original AC gyroscope you must :
1 check the box circled in red
2 check the AC gyroscope box
3 uncheck the box circle in red

then once on the track lower the FFB of your car I am between 11 and 15 depending on the strength you want

Last info in content manager - settings - Custom Shaders Patch - FFB Tweaks, I don’t use it, so the box is unchecked

Last thing while loading the game press the emergency stop button, because the steering wheel gives a hit, because it is set to 100% in the game, but once set everything is fine.

Since last month I changed my settings back to what I always liked, that is 60% NM and no filters, but last week I had a discussion with @bsohn about his settings and I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised, because they are quite to my taste, they look like 98% of my settings, the difference is that I set the NM to 60%, the RECON filter to 2, the feeling on the track is almost identical to my settings I’m really counting, so I post these settings here because they are really well suited for AC bravo bsohn for your sharing.

I add that I set my winnings on 100% and that I lower the FFB per car once on the track.

SETTING bsohn

Maybe stupid question, but came to me lately trying diferrent settings and trying to improve the feeling…
Am I supposed to feel any effects without enabling the “canned” effects inside the game?

What effects are you missing? I think the only “effects” AC uses are when the car is stationary, otherwise they come from the physics engine more or less.
I use similar settings shared here and I can’t complain about FFB at all.

Yes. Those canned effects are AFAIK not based on the physics adapted from (where they get it from?? Maybe certain values they are known from real cars like downforce, springs, horsepower… never thought about that tbh) and or the game engine. These effects are like a topping off an Ice cream, giving some excitement and immersion. I have them on 0 and FFB is good. Curbs feel totally different depending on the size, track surface, painted areas, weight transfer, over and understeering caused by bump in track ammo

Thanks for the response, I’m happy with the FFB overall, the wheel reacts as it should in my opinion, it’s just that without canned effects i can’t really feel much of the road surface, some of the curbs…etc… but it might be related to the slew rate as indicated by other user on this thread.

Yes, I agree, I can still feel something from time to time depending on the size of the curb and different scenarios, but the way I see some people explain their feeling with their wheel bases and effects at 0.
I feel like i’m missing something when drive with effects at 0, but as set in the post above it might be related to slew rate
I prefer lower slew rate as i can control better the snap back of the wheel, but then it’s like something for something

Stefano’s explanation of “canned” effects in AC.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/from-the-facebook-thread.22763/page-437#post-652288
The “road effect” is totally coming from the physic engine, it’s amplifying the effect of load changes on the FF, so if the load doesn’t change (ie, the road is flat) you get nothing… it’s not a procedural noise added over the surface.
Slip effect is also coming from what the tyres are doing so, again, it’s strictly related to what it is happening.
The only effect that is 100% “canned” is the curb effect… as it is also happening on curbs that are 100% smooth.

Road feel depends on the track also, there’s tracks that are like pool tables, and then there’s tracks that have great physical mesh for the wheel to vibrate to. I have road effect at 10% but it depends on the track if it’s really needed. I’m just too lazy to change it for every track.

Anybody has some good settings they are happy with, specially for GT3 with 300 rim?

Here are my parameters, maybe they will suit you, I use a MATAMEC D-shaped wheel of 320 mm
the first one :

The second :

And my parameters CONTENT MANAGER, attention I do not use FFB TWEAKS, in continuation when you are on the track, you decrease the FFB of the car, between 30-40 according to the force that you prefer.:

Observed well my parameters

You use CM gyro then? Not the CSP one?

Save yourself the hassle, use original one. CSP “corrected” gyro requires lots of damping to reduce oscillation and violent wheel return snap back. With original one, you can get away with just 5% damping.

It seems to me, as I set it up it activates the original AC gyro, I think to activate the CM gyro it would have to have the orange line enabled/checked.

Hi guys

New SC2 Pro user here, after fiddling around for about 3 frustrating weeks not getting anywhere and reading about anything i can i finally found some settings im pretty happy with so i thought i share my settings here too.

But first, shout out to @Andrew_WOT, thanks for all your posts, helped me a great deal making progress with my own findings.

My main problem was finding settings that give me enough small details and feedback without getting too strong in corners or getting too edgy to feel what the car is doing at and over the limit.

First i tried different combinations of TD strenght, AC FFB gain and in-car gain to tone the main strenght to a good level.
Turning down TD strenght felt wrong, even tho general strenght was better, i lost dynamic range and details and it just didnt feel right.
In the end i left TD strenght at full power and adjusted AC FFB gain to such a level (only 10%) that the average in-car gain is around 100% to have the widest possible spectrum for in-car gain.

My next problem was to town down spikes and holding forces while not loosing details. That was a bitch and costs me the 3 weeks lol, Granite Devices not really being helpfull here with documentation and explenations what all the filters and settings actually do, how they work, when to use them and even worse how they react to each other.

I would have loved to use RC filter OFF but no matter what other settings i used my wheelbase made metalic clanking noises so it had to be at least on 1.
I also liked RC filter 5 and 7 but both of them lost details in one way or another. I could counteract that somewhat with higher damper/friction/inertia but then i lost details somewhere else and the wheel got sluggish.

After settling on RC filter 1 i tried to just play with damper/friction/inertia but i couldnt get anything good, anything over 10 felt terrible and below i had too much spikes.
Then the static force reduction but same here, forces went down but so did the details, so off it is.
Then thanks to Andrew :wink: i went down a rabbithole with the Ultra Low Latency Mode when i tried his settings which looked promising first but after testing some different cars and settings it also just felt just wrong (sorry, no offense).

Then i went down another rabbithole with the AC and CSP gyro, the different strengths and the Direct Input Effects. I should note that i never used any gyro with my old Thrustmaster TX, i tested it again with my SC2 just to be sure but went back to no gyro at all in the end because it just distorts the FFB imo.

But this lead me to test the DI effects for themself and turning DI effect Damping from 0% to only 5% finally took the edge of my spikes and gave me the necessary damping without taking details out of it as it happens with normal damping.

Finally something that feels good with all my test cars with only changing in-car gain where im between 72%-115%.
I test with GT86, M235i and 1M stage 3 on the Nordschleife but with my own setups. Also tested the Shutoko S14 because thats a very soft outlier which i play with 115% in-car gain now.

So happy i can finally just play and enjoy that wonderfull wheelbase instead of getting frustrated by terrible FFB. Next game is BeamNG - NOOOOOOO :slight_smile:

Here the settings i use now, maybe its helpfull for someone else who’s not happy:

If you use a new, untested version of CSP, something above 1.79 if I remember good, you can also try FFB tweaks which are part of it:
Turn steering assist into range compression. I know @Andrew_WOT is not a fan of the new gyro, he prefers the old one. The patch has also a feature for DD force, load cell pedals and will bring up a new window when racing. FFB tweaks: don’t use lut or gamma, but you can try to raise range compression. It will accentuate small forces only.
I recommend this only for formula cars, like those from Race Sim Studio. Although the link is a bit older it explains a bit the idea behind new gyro