SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Friday update:

Got in communications with Codemasters regarding F1 2017.

Also, went through all the text in the Configuration Tool and changed every single bit of text to use Qt’s translation features. I’ve outputted template files for German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Russian translations. Those will appear in Github in a separate repository, with the same license, terms and conditions that are also going to be used for the Firmware itself soon.

I’m hopeful I can setup up the translations repository over weekend.

Those that want to do the translations, its very easy using Qt. There is a graphical tool in the Qt IDE which can be used to translate. PM me for volunteering,and download Qt to be ready :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you for 0.94 - with my Sincos encoder it’s a remarkable update from 0.84.
Keep up the good work!

Updates:

• UI tidyups, such as image

• Communications with Codemasters.

• Much behind the scenes stuff.

• Translation repositiory setup has taken longer than expected.

Hello Mika, how are going the communications with ISI to get the auto-rotation degrees working?

I’ve supplied them the example code. It is up to them…

2 Likes

We’ve set up a new topic to cover a new research survey that we would like to have you all participate in.

1 Like

Someone asked for the Clipping led functionality. I don’t have any experience with regarding that led with MMOS.

Was the clipping led the LED4 as seen at
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_LED_indicators

Thanks for any confirmation.

We have released a new IONI firmware version 1.7.1. With FW 1.7.0 an unexpected over current, short circuit or under voltage fault occurred at approx 12A on IONI/IONI Pro and 25A current level on IONI Pro HC.

For SimuCUBE, 1.7.1 will be included and automatically updated in the next firmware version, likely next week. If you are suffering from any overcurrent faults and had to lower the current levels for 1.7.0, you can try to install 1.7.1 manually via Granity.

2 Likes

Hello,
why the virtual wheel degrees are not the same as real wheel?

good spot, lets wait for explanation.

Actually, they are, I suspect optical illusion at play, as well as where I hold my wheel and shape of wheel vs sim, as well as camera angle.

But they are actually aligned at 900 degrees …

:slight_smile:

Any new guys up for some pre-release testing? :beer:

Mika i’m up for a pre-release test, would it be the normal upgrade in simucube?

yeah, it will be just like a normal update. I have compiled the zip file as normal and I will share it for the usual testers (and you) in the coming hours. I will actually need to test this at least once at home, though…

I will be at home in one hour, i can test if you want.

I can test.

Currently on 0.9.4, small MiGe and SinCos.

• Thomas Marcussen

I can test.

Small MiGe 2048 Line SinCos encoder, IONI Pro HC Simucube
Currently using 0.94

Call for new testers has now ended, lets wait a bit to hear back from their results. :wink:

0.9.6 installed all ok on that side of things now for a run on AC directinput damping on 25% and reconstruction filter 1. Small Mige and SinCos 2048.

seems that direct input friction is active “black dot” but not working on raceroom.

FFB is not giving resistance when car is stopped