SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

So, time to upgrade then

Thanks for the update, just updated from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 and all is ok, it feels like a massive update to me i can just feel so much smooth detail through the wheel.

Thanks for the feedback, @dotexe. Iā€™m sure @Tero will appreciate it :slight_smile:

Status update:
I was able to reproduce the CPR = 0 error now, and got loads of debug data. Now a fix attempt can be madeā€¦

Firmware version 0.9.5 has been released. Fixes issue with wrong CPR being read from drive.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

5 Likes

Ok, as promised some time ago, and by request of a few people here and elsewhere, see a quick video showing a few laps at Interlagos, using the Ford GT3.

The servo is capable of a healthy 38NM at 1:1 in iRacing, for this test though, I am running it at 30NM. It is pretty strong, but Iā€™m having heaps of fun with it at this level with the Ford.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the Nm calculation is still off in the latest firmware? Itā€™s showing 16.44A as 41.33 Nm (1.58 coefficent - large Mige). I thought it takes about 25A to achieve 27.9 Nm out of a large Mige.

Yeah, it is still off, I havenā€™t had the time to fix that to be universally correct.

Spring saturation should not be a minforce like implemented. Right now itā€™s just a oscillation machine :slight_smile:

It should rather set the clipping for the spring effect.
A high spring setting makes it stiff around the center. Adding saturation limits the maximum force.

Like this :slight_smile:

OK, thanks for clarification. I will think about this a bit more when I revisit the feature next time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea it is incorrect and it will take Mika a little while to get it to be correct as it requires a couple additional user inputs to be implemented in the interface as well as some other code adjustments to make it calculate all servos correctlyā€¦ So it may not be done until other things get done firstā€¦

1 Like

hello, I put in his day simucube and it was not bad, but I returned to mmos since in ETS2 I did not feel anything of FFB, I liked to know if with the new updates you can enjoy FFB in ETS2, thankshello, I put in his day simucube and it was not bad, but I returned to mmos since in ETS2 I did not feel anything of FFB, I liked to know if with the new updates you can enjoy FFB in ETS2, thanks

Any ETS2 experts here to comment?

Kind of difficult to comment anything to your comment as you didnā€™t show your settings. However, I did extensive driving successfully with ETS2 when I implemented the Directinput effects.

i retun to mmos because with simecube i didint feel any FFB and the wheel didnt come back to the original position when I take a curveā€¦and I was waiting for the updateā€¦ havve you implement now the new effects? i will come back If your answer is that now we have it

We have effects now.

1 Like

Thank you Mika. Good job

Hi
This morning i tested again the v95 simucube and the 1.7 ioni and i got a very strange result. When i updated previously to 1.7 and 95 i repirted that i encountered the wheel initialization error and i had to downgrade ioni and upload an other drc to be able to ise the new firmwares.
This time i wanted to replicate the initialization error with the previous confog files but no error happened.

I started to play with iracing and set different settings for recon, damp, friction and inertia. Previously i used 3 for recon ,1% damp, 0.75 fric, 1% inertia. This way i used to get the so called rubber feeling and i had no oscillation when car was stopped.
With the same car same track i started to modify the parameters and finally i set everything to 0 except recon which was 3. Surprise was that i encountered no oscillation at all. This is strange because previously i had very strong oscillation and i had to use those parameters to avoid it.

Szabolcs

Midweek update:

Based on suggestions,

• Analog axis dialog has now more logical displayed raw value and deadzones when Invert is checked. This should make it more intuitive to set up an analog axis.

• We have gotten some reports, that some users will lose center point when turning the wheel fast, and at the same time, changing settings.

• Settings are send to SimuCUBE every 2 seconds if there are any changed settings. Changing settings to IONI drive and also recalculating some constant values takes such time, that SimuCUBE will miss encoder position updates. On 2.1M sincos encoder, this would something like 5 degrees of wheel movement during the time the 2500 Hz updates are paused while changing settings. It is very conceivable that wheel centerpoint could be lost this way.

• This behavior has now been made impossible. See picture.

3 Likes

Also an image of the revised Analog dialog. Note, that same input pin is configured as both inverted and non inverted.

All settings in SimuCUBE flash remain compatible, this is all being done in the GUI side.

3 Likes

hi got a problem with my simucube this morning.when i power on it starts to initiate wheel rocks twice then stops and i get this message appear "overvoltage threshold FOV must be102% of HV BUS voltage.i have disconected reconected the estop and installed the new firmware again.it was working fine last night.