Wreckfest and Simucube 2

Look here

1 Like

Thanks @Herve45, must try that.
By the way, do you feel the same as me?
Im not Happy after yesterday’s quick test, Wreckfest was awesome before.
Only a bunch of games im Happy with SC2 and the list is decreasing

Thanks iRacing is taking the lead after last tire changes, because is the other tittle that feels good right now.

I find it’s much better now on my sc1
I have not made any changes

Something about autocencering forces when DI Spring is enabled?

Just had a play on this, haven’t touched it in ages but a 6gig patch made me have a go. Was quite a blast on a s2u to be honest, only fly in the ointment was the steering wheel jerks quite violently back to centre and I couldn’t dial it out.

Any suggestion’s to fix this?

J

Hi guys,
We still has some problem with this, something how game will recognize usb devices. That could cause weird problems, if you have usb shifters/handbrakes etc. Disable them first or switch ports and test.
You need to make sure ingame has forcefeedback settings enabled, as in picture. If there is something about vibration strength, then ffb do not work as should and you cannot even use our tool to tune them.
If everything is ok, you can adjust the force feedback effects to your liking. To do so, all you need to do is to use the provided BagEditor to open data/vehicles/shared/physics/forcefeedback_dd.vffb and then tweak the various parameters available.

Tunable ffb settings in Bageditor:

Note: Weight scale is between 0-1. 0=FFB forces are not scaled at all, ie the weight of the car and the geometry of the shock absorbers, etc. affect just as they are in the car. And if you want all the cars to have roughly similar FFB forces change this to 1. (Scales completely according to the front axle weights. The reference car is 1000kg which is not affected by that scaling.)

1 Like

Looks like thats what im missing since last update, that Weight scale at 0 must be the culprit.
But Spring effects is broken i think, only acts like a centering spring.
Just finished all iRacing leagues so time to make my custom profile and find if its possible to revert back to pre-patch situation. If not, i’ll be Happy downloading a Jack Sparrow old version

Spring force weight is centering spring only. 0= no centering spring at all, if you want more vehicle spring/weight/load effect, play with weight transfer weight and aligning torque weight values.
Gyro does not support speed sensitivity as well as should.

Just want to change Spring force through TrueDrive DirectInput Spring effects like in pre-patch ffb. Now DI Spring effect acts like a centering force only.
Because not so cool to exit Game, hack some files, edit, actĂ­vate on Game and start again to find a reasonable FFb

EDIT:

My problem is solved !!!
To all those like me that dislike the new FFb implementation with Wreckfest 1.268454v and wants to revert back to pre-patch feeling and TD setups, just open customwheels.json file and delete your device “ffOverride”: “forcefeedback_dd.vffb” line:

No more ffb override for me.

By the way, my pre-patch settings are valid again:

Just to explain how to tune:
Ingame Vibration Strength controls a mix of rumbles and tire load, but to kill rumbles we need to move slider too low and ramp up TrueDrive Strength.

Thats all we need to touch ingame. Lets go to TrueDrive:

Overall Strength near to 100%
Constantly operated Filters: Iracing Simple profile – Damper Slider to MIN – Change to ADVANCED MODE and tune SlewRateLimit to your liking.

DirectInput Effect tuning:
-Damping: Controls wheels wheight, most noticeable with the car standing still. Usefull to add feeling on starts and to slow down spring effects.
-Friction: Not too much to say. No friction for me.
-Spring: The effect that controls car behavour. Standing still, upside down, flying, cant create any centering spring effects, but acceleration, braking, turning, compression, and extensions does. Tune up to feel and match your return to center and bounce back effects. Car suspension.
Sine wave: in relationship with ingame Vibration Strength. Tune up to your liking but is very subtle effect.
Square Wave: In relationship with ingame Vibration Strength. Tune up to feel rumble when loosing traction, over some surfaces, sliding, etc.

Just open TrueDrive screen and change sliders on the fly (remeber to uncheck -Prevent Mouse wheel to change settings- in TD and change sliders without clicking on it because game focus will be lost in some cases)

1 Like

FFB seems to be much better with your tip @Alfye20. Thanks for that

I am still struggling with wheel center. If I set the simucube steering range to 360Âș my ingame wheel gets -60Âș tilted. What am I doing wrong?

Looks like you calibrated your ingame steering axis with more than 360⁰, try to adjust TD steering Range before changing ingame controls.

Another issue would be too much DirectInput Friction, It can cause some weird problems related to phase and freq, just like loosing the centering point. I experienced something similar in FH4+EMUWheel, you can modify Friction values and those changes the centering point behavour

Thanks. I had to recalibrate in game and now it’s centered.

1 Like

Is there a trick to configuring a SC2 Pro for Wreckfest?

When setting up the game controllers, the game can see the SC2 and can configure steering left and right, plus the wheel works when using the “Test Steering Wheel” option in settings.

However once I’m in a car, all my other controllers seem to work fine (pedals, shifters) however the game doesn’t recognise the wheel at all. I steer left or right and nothing happens.