Wheel center to be saved into profiles?

Hi,

as far as I understand the wheel center calibration is not saved into the profiles, is that correct?

Is there a reason why?

I ask, because I use different wheel mounts and they are not all alined the same. So when I change them, I have to re-center the wheel base. If the wheel center would be saved into the profile, I could add a profile for the given wheel mount and would not have to re-center every time.

If there are reasons that the wheel center is not saved in the profile, then a solution could be to have an option to do that?

cheers,
Bernhard

How is that possible?
Are you using some aftermarket mounts or just bolted wheels to the mounts at different angles?

1 Like

Well there are plenty of reasons why you could end up with this situation… In my case:

I use various combinations of QRs and wheels.

• Buchfink + wheel - some are centered, but some are also off-center due to the way the buchfink mounts to the rim,
  • Buchfink + SRM Fanatec base side converter + wheel (which is in my case off-centered compared to just Buchfink straight),
  • adapted real car wheels/rims and it’s not always possible to mount the QR exactly centered…

So, is there a good reason why the center-calibration is not saved with the profile? Because that would solve the issue and I actually cannot think of a good reason why it’s not saved with the profile. It would make more sense than the “Just now” vs. “Permanent” save option which is implemented now and the purpose of which I do not understand at all…

It is the way it is at the moment due to people having the possibility to change the center point for example multiple revolutions away from center, and thus changing profile would cause the wheel to abrubtly turn at full force to be within bumbstop limits.

However this issue / shortcoming is solved in the latest released firmware (the saved offset for center will always be correct even after full revolutions) so it now allows us to do exactly as suggested in this thread.

It is likely that we will move the center offset to be matched to a particular wireless wheel, and if no match then offset saved into the profile is used instead.

1 Like

Fantastic, I am sooooo looking forward to the next update! Especially for the beeping and high torque mode features… And if this is addressed as well, that’s great! : )

Well obviously the above mentioned features are in our backlog of things to do, but as the settings in the hardware settings tab (bumbstops) are set to be simplified, it would be simple to get the centerpoint offset to profiles as well.

Does this mean, a workaround to resolve this for the moment (for the old FW) would be, to turn the wheel by full revolutions and set the center again? Is it possible to tell how many revolutions in which direction?

Does your question relate to Simucube 1 or 2?

Simucube 1 w/ SinCos

On that, if your wheel spins at start, the solution is to hold the wheel and hit the torque off button right away when spin starts and set center point correctly when the wheel has not spinned.

I have 3 Buchfink QRs and they all machined to the same spec with different rims aligning perfectly to the same center point.
Curios if I just got lucky and other users have the same problem as you with Q1R.

Hi,
as I tried to explained before - it’s not about the Buchfink’s are different causing the wheel to be off-center, but the way I have to use some of them in combination with adapter kits (like the SRM Fanatec conversion kit) and/or the way it is possible to mount them on original wheels, which ends up off center sometimes…

So higly customized situations and not compareable to off the shelf Buchfink-simracing wheel with perfect Buchfink mounting point.

1 Like