Wheel center to be saved into profiles?

No problems with original designed by Granite Simucube Quick Release, dont know about other thirt party QRs, but that problem must be the same for all SC1 and DIY owners over time, not Granite problem

Nobody claimed it’s a Granite problem. But the possibility to use various third party wheels is one of the main reasons to use a simucube drive in the first place. And I simply tried to explain a use case where this feature would help those users.
Also, as pointed out, it’s not that obvious of why the center calibration parameter should not / cannot be saved into the profile like so many other parameters. Initially I expected it to be saved together with a profile.
And the design descision obviously is not that simple/fixed, as Mika confirmed that they are discussing this issue to be implemented. For now it looks like only for the wireless wheels, which to some extend makes even less sense to me. Either decide not to include center calibration for profiles for whatever reasons (I strongly disagree with this decision due to the described issue), or do include it. But for this set of wheels yes, but for other’s no - makes even less sense to me.

PS It is not a question of QR design (and don’t get me started on the original SC QR mk1 design…), but the possibility of how it can be mounted onto any given wheel.

2 Likes

About Wireles wheels only, im with you about that, because if any problem to save per profile, i think that will be safety problems when changing profiles (steering wheel moving by itself) maybe hands are less valuable that knees (cord VS no cord)

Well the issue I am describing is the problem that the QR could not be mounted exactly like the majority or default rim, but ends up being a few degrees off. So steering wheel ends up tilted a few degrees which needs to be recalibrated after changing. I don’t see any reason why it should be off by a few revolutions - +360°.
But again, this could be solved by a check-box confirming that you know what you are doing. After long discussions luckily the solution for permanent non peeping operation got implented too…

I think it’s just a management decision if this feature should be implemented or not. Or a principle of what is supposed to be saved as a profile. For me, center calibration should be a natural part of that. But that can be seen in different ways I guess. So default could be like it is now, optional could be to save it too.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the thing. Thanks for clearing things up for the rest.

Unfortunately not. Using SC2 Quick releases on both wheels.

Dont have a Fanatec conversion, soon but not now.
2 Thrustmaster wheels with SRC adapters and no problem, can you measure your offset angle between SQRs?
Remember that you can invert the SQR 70mm adapter to gain more angles at SQR wheel side

1 Like

I am not going to list our list of wheels QR combinations, but please rely on the info that it is simply not possible in all cases to have them mounted perfectly aligned in the same way.
Eg. converting a real car steering wheel rim for a simulator where the ways of how to mount the QR is very limited and very unique. So you are somehow happy to get it on it somehow and most likely it ends up more or less off other steering wheels you are using…

Yes, and if I remember corretly also the SRM Fanatec conversion kit has an offset to the regular QR mount. We continued to use a few Fanatec wheels which are also off center to other thirrd party wheels and real car rims.

2 Likes

So it’s isolated to SRM conversion kit or also other combinations, just curios for future shopping reference?
I am on 3 different wheels, all using Buchfink Q1R and the all are aligned the same.

We are also using Buchfink Q1Rs, but as pointed out it’s about the mounting situation on the wheel itself and/or using the SRM conversion kit which displaces it as well.

3 Likes