What's the difference in RPM

I would like to know the difference in rotational speed of the motors between the: Sport, Pro and Ultimate.

Thatā€™s not something thatā€™s publisized as far as I am aware.

But you can rest assured that all 3 servos have been sized from voltage and rpm perspective to ensure enough overhead in rps required from the sims.

For example, during testing highest possible requirements with DW12 Indycar at Sebring, the speed requirements never went above 2.5rps. From my testing here, I would say the Ultimate has double that at least, the Spirt and Pro will certainly have some (unneeded/unused) reserve capacity too.

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

Fair enough, thanks for the quick response.

Cheers Mate, youā€™re welcome :wink:

I think they only released the ultimate version especially just for you Beano, or farming equipment simulators where new ā€˜recruitsā€™ need to feel what itā€™s like to turn the combine harvester in a muddy field when thereā€™s an emergency power steering failure.
:smiley:

In the world of SIM racing, thereā€™s absolutely no practical use for that kind of power.
Imagine the wrecks due to nothing other than driver arm fatigue!

It really depends on the car.
High downforce race cars without powersteering can exceed even 30nm.
So Old F1 and Group C cars basically
There is an interesting bit from Nils Heusinkveld on steering forces of pre powersteering F1 cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bynp2wiadKM.

Which may explain why many of those brave (and a little crazy) pioneers of F1 died in fiery balls of tangled metal.

I do understand that the forces in some cars can be extreme - I think the undisputed champion has to be iRacingā€™s DW12 (or at least it probably was for many years).

I have no doubt that the ultimate will be popular, but I doubt many will leave it on max power with 1:1 in-SIM FFB settingsā€¦except Beano and most definitely Brion :smiley:

Thank you, yes, that is the case with the DW12 in iRacing.

With that said, there is a challenge to replicate real-life behaviour, even at those torque-levels, with DD wheels. as I believe the torque is to heavy going into turns, as it loads up to much.

The new torque-reduction filter does wonders in this respect though, I luv it.

RFRWheel test with Model Proā€¦

Acceleration is very low and not linear @Mika ā€¦Cyclic interference. Whatā€™s the problem ?

Difficult to say as these ā€œtestsā€ have so many variables.

Test with a 350mm steering wheel FFB 100%, no filters.

Program made by MagicFr hereā€¦

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OhDqX-2cUidi1QNUEwNHpqM28/view?usp=sharing

Can you, @Mika or someone else, make a test with your models SimuCube 2 perhaps the guyā€™s setup was wrong ?

900Ā° rotation steering wheel in TD and in RFRWheel test, Bumpstop activated, no filtersā€¦

It was incorrect setting, hands off detection sensitivity was onā€¦

New test betterā€¦:wink:

Filters on or off? What recon filter?

All filters off Mirek, perhaps reconstruction filter 1ā€¦ I will ask for this setup itā€™s not my steering wheelā€¦

Thx. Every 100ms there are strange small distortion on both diagrams.What is that?

Yes very strange distorsionā€¦
Not here with my setup SimuCube 1 0.54c firmwareā€¦

Recon 1 and no filters? Small Mige?

Recon 0 and no filtersā€¦

Small Mige? Should be recon 1 coz is fastest, recon 0 is rather useless.

HIRDEN servo motor. Itā€™s like the big MIGEā€¦ For me no connection between Recon filter and RPM speedā€¦