The RaceRoom thread

I did the tests
c well configure the swipe effect which gives me concerns about vibrations, I put the ffb slip wave type = “0” on 1 and the more vibrations
So it is this effect that worries me

I deleted the complete line, and there I find my vibrations

the concern is when i put the
ffb slip wave type = “0” on 1, the car when I lock the brakes, I no longer have the steering wheel that goes to the right or to the left, we no longer feel the front axle

Hello @mika

we would like to hear your opinion on this subject

A number of players have problems with the “slip effect”

As soon as the value is above 3%, this generates significant vibrations in the steering wheel
if it is 0, they have no vibrations
I do not have this problem and I can increase the value very high without problem
I have a small mige, ioni pro hc and biss-c

we compared a lot of parameters but we don’t understand why some have vibrations whereas I never have these vibrations

people with this problem
@Nono67 : small mige and ioni pro hc and biss-c and simucube 0.50.4. so I have the same configuration
@EsxPaul : simucube 2 pro
@sephiro on racingfr.net : big mige and biss-c and simucube 0.50.4

nota for “ffb slip wave type”
if ffb slip wave type=“0” --> significant vibrations in the steering wheel
if ffb slip wave type=“1” --> no vibrations in the steering wheel but no feeling on the front wheels. we’re losing all information from the front wheels.

Sorry, I have no idea what effect the slip wave type is doing at the moment. I might have time to investigate this, but the backlog of work is long.

1 Like

It might be using the DirectInput sine wave effect with these default parameters:
FFB slip effect=“0.03” // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
ffb slip freq multiplier=“2.0” // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
ffb slip wave type=“0” // Slip effect wave type

Is you freq value 2.0 or something custom?

I use this settings
FFB slip effect=“0.2” // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
ffb slip freq multiplier=“2.0” // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev

@Nono67 and @sephiro use this settings
FFB slip effect=“0.03” or FFB slip effect=“0.01”

for @EsxPaul
I don’t know

That frequency seems off to me, as I have tuned that in the past (from default of 1.0 to about 1.4) to achieve a lower frequency of effect. Still, not sure why that would cause the result being reported.

I have exactly the same vibrations like Nono67 with this effect, same hardware/firmware. The best FFB experience is without any effects. I can feel when the car starts to slides very easy. These effects are usless for me. I don’t know but maybe USB controller is important here? I have USB 3.1 gen.2, one card/controller for the wheel and one for the pedals, this one: https://i-tec.cz/en/produkt/pce2u31ac-2/

@Mirek_kowal
could you share your settings please to give it a try?
simucube and stp game
is the usb port important?

please
share your rcs and settings simucube

Standard profil SimuCube 2018 in R3E, all effects off, here are my settings in SimuCube soft:

1 Like

There have been several changes to profiles by s3 in the past few months.
It is therefore preferable that you share it.
There are 2 or 3 things I want to watch
Thanks

I have the latest version of this SimuCube profile mate. Fresh reinstall Windows and RR.

OK thank you

@Mika,
Hello ,
would it be possible for me to participate in the Beta?
I could test if the new version does not pose any more problems with the effect of stripping
thank you Mika

@Mika

yes it would be nice if @Nono67 participates in this beta to see if this problem of "slip effect "is still present

Anyone already tried the new FFB?

Yes me and I think its great compared to the old feed back (not that I’m an expert). I just assigned the FFB graph and the multiplier buttons and adjust on the fly for each car… Simucube settings is basically the default profile with the strength at 50%

1 Like

I think the ffb dynamics are clearly improved with this update.

I prefer some surface details so I maxed out the Bump amplification setting. DOR needs to be set to 900 degrees in the game (& SC1/2) to have Auto Steer Lock.

I run Recon Filter at 6, enough Friction to cover center looseness and a Combination of Damping and Inertia (Damping bias) to optimize wheel rotational speed. Pretty happy with the improvements.

Why, it can do 1080?

Also, it’s already low on details and ovedampened, not sure you are helping anything with high recon and additional damping. Try without, this is what Sector 3 recommends anyway and it feels great on SC2, wish it had less dampening though.

The settings you use in your specific wheel driver can also have a big impact on how the FFB feels, so here are our recommendations for those:

• Allow damping effects on your wheel! We do not use any damping effect for the FFB besides the stationary friction, so it will not make any difference during normal driving
  • We recommend setting any interpolation or smoothing filters to ‘Minimum’ or ‘Off’
  • We recommend turning any added damping or friction effects off, or keep them at minimal values if you prefer that

I’ve noticed (S3 forums) that the 900 DOR seems to be required for certain wheels, not sure about scope of that with various hardware, though. I have not tested using 1080 yet.

I use a Recon Filter setting that effectively removes grainy effects however, there seems to be significant difference in range of RF settings used among SC1 (vs.) SC2, so I’m not sure they are comparable as I’ve never used SC2.

It’s probably safe to say that most in the community know that I’m not in the mainstream regarding ffb settings :wink:.