Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

BB32 has the same battery compartment as Ultra. Video mention it’s new on Ultra and to access battery on Pro 32 you need to take it apart. Wrong.
Received Ascher ‎B16L-SC, it is a step up from BB 32 in overall quality and buttons feel, buttons are a bit small though, to be honest still prefer ergonomics and controls of older C20M, it was also much lighter too.

1 Like

The BB Ultra looks like excellent value and I must say that I’m really tempted to order one, but my ‘‘old’’ Ascher button plate is still doing its job just fine

2 Likes

I really like the buttons on older Ascher plate I have, they have very positive “click” and stick out to easily locate even in gloves in VR.
SRB mushroom button caps are my least favorite.
New Ascher plate is using flat caps which is improvement over those, but they are almost flush with the plate and pretty small overall, not sure why two of them need guards, they are hard to press even without.

Guys,

Is this supposed to be the finish on the new Ascher shifters?

That’s a beautiful wheel and you won’t be able to find an equivalent wireless version with analogue clutch paddles. On a side note, does having a wire ever bother you during gameplay? This is one of those things that seems nice to have, but not sure how much impact having a wire would have during gameplay.

1 Like

Unfortunately there are indeed no wireless wheels with analogue inputs yet because the button plate wireless module has some limitations, but the guys at Simucube are working on a V2 version. Hopefully this will feature analogue inputs and more inputs in general!

I’ve never had any issues with wires though. I have a T-slot usb extension and another one for DIN cable wheels both mounted really close to the wheel base. This way the cables are not really bothering me, in fact while driving I don’t even notice them. Only when I crash the wheel starts spinning but due to the improved bumpstop features, I’m not really afraid of broken cables any longer. Usually I can hold the wheel when I crash anyways.

Of course I understand why people prefer wireless wheels though. I’m sure I would too, but for now I don’t think I’m missing out on much for me personally.

4 Likes

SRB BB Ultra with OMP Superquadro:

I think the shifters are as good as recent Ascher shifters, although throw is a bit shorter because the arms are shorter, which I think I prefer. Buttons and encoders feel good. The 7-way funky switches are quite clicky in all directions. Overall, very nice.

6 Likes

Very nice rim, was eyeballing one for a while, SRB BB Pro 32 comes with the replica of that one.
Did OMP change design a bit as it looks slightly different from their stock picture, I assume you have genuine OMP?
https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/super-quadro-44950.html

Mine isn’t as dirty as the one on OMP’s website? :wink:

Bought from Demon Tweeks. It has genuine tamper proof sticker on back, box looks like real OMP. Looks legit to me. Perhaps the lighting is different in the photos.

3 Likes

Its a Fake OMP, as always.
Its a Cheap motamec.
https://www.motamec.com/motamec-formula-race-steering-wheel-d-shape-320mm-black-suede-black-spoke.html

Omp is different:

1 Like

This is what i am working on today. waiting on middle box to arrive, along with threaded inserts and rotary encoders

3 Likes

I am not so sure, Motamec has external stitching. SRB BB 32 comes with one, plus OMP adding tamper proof authenticity holographic sticker which Lee’s wheel apparently had.
I have been checking online and seems only stock picture on OMP site has that different shape, I suspect OMP changed design at some point. But I’d check with manufacturer just in case, paying $250+ for $60 knock off sucks.

1 Like

I own a Motamec 320D, grips are much thinner than that OMP.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by “fake OMP, as always” or if that was even directed at me. I purchased from an official OMP dealer, according to OMP’s own web site. I don’t think mine is a relabeled Motamec, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

The Foto of the OMP Wheel from their Website is exactly what i had in am hands in a Store recently. So for me it’s the genuine Omp.

1 Like

Nothing against you.
I’m just saying that it’s not the same as the OMP that I had in my hands recently and which you find at their homepage.
Therefore I suspect that it is a fake.

Something is really off then as I couldn’t find a single picture online matching the one on OMP site, except multiple copies of the same image.
Do you have any photos of that wheel by any chance, was under impression that presence of that sticker is good enough proof.

Found one from 2010. But nothing recent, may be there was a revision.

No picture of that on from the store.
Just another pics from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/OD-1990-NN-SUPERQUADRO-Steering/dp/B00ADCSWFU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3BHA5AJXICCNQ&dchild=1&keywords=omp+steering+wheel&qid=1603474082&sprefix=Omp+steering%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-3

It’s the same image as on OMP site.