Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

3 Likes

Wow. Stunning! please do a full review on this after you test it out :slight_smile:

I just ordered this, I was going to buy the Ascher F28-sc (maybe later I will buy it) but I decided for a GT wheel

3 Likes

The button boxes from Ascher are the best you money can buy. Paired with, for example, an OMP or MOMO rim, they make great wheels for GT cars.

1 Like

I’ll definitely do some sort of review.

I just love how this wheel looks.

I would have also chosen Ascher but it doesn’t support the Sparco 310 wheel that I wanted

1 Like

Great choice Picia, love how the buttons light up.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the SC2 Pro to use this GT1-Pro

2 Likes

Just got this

3 Likes

Oh cool I watch this earlier, which wheel are you using with it?

1 Like

This will go on a Turn Racing R20 wheel

Sweet, how long is your wait time for the wheel, I know he’s really busy right now.

I think I should have mine next week, but check with him.

I’m sorry mate, but you’re wrong about the TM Sparco 383. That wheel is stiff enough for usage with the SC2 at medium-high torque levels (I’m mostly between 10-15 Nm here). The TM Ferrari Alcantara wheel is not rigid enough and will flex the upper section.

Imho the TM Sparco + SRC adapter & extender is a good budget solution to start with. Hopefully SRC will find a way to bridge the Teensy Arduino to the SC2 Bluetooth and fit it in their adapter/extender.

2 Likes

Are there any affordable entry level button plates w/ paddle shifters? Everything seems to be $400-500+ after shipping and fees, including SRC.

Checkout polsimer. They make affordable F1 style wheels.

1 Like

Speak to Brion Sohn at iRacing, he makes the less expensive Penguin button-boxes fir a few wheels.

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

I use a Momo Monte Carlo as well. it is a really nice wheel.

Early in my build with my original SC1 Case

2 Likes

Yea you can take a look at my site http://www.penguinrc.com/welcome_penguinrc_simulation.html
We have some lower cost options that were originally designed for the direct use with the SimuCUBE SC1. On an SC1 you can have a Wheel w/ Paddle Shifters (SimuWHEEL GT) for around $200 - $250 total depending on choices…

With the SC2 at the moment you would also need the USB Control box (PSUSB28) ($99.99 for the G10 version) as the SC2 does not have the RJ45 direct input for the button boxes as the SC1, I have talked to @Mika about enabling the ability for us to make an adaptor for the SC2 Auxiliary Port to allow for the RJ45’s to return to the SC2 so that the SimuWHEEL and SimuBOX can be used semi-directly with the it but they are currently concentrating on other things.

Anyway here is a photo of the SimuWHEELgtlc (G10 Version) we also have a F1 Version.

This is a fully decked out Graphite Version with a Knockoff OMP wheel:

As shown the above would be $385.97 but could easily be $50.00 less without the custom printing and colored buttons.

Note: the actual wheel would be purchased separately as we don’t sell that but included it in the price above.

We are also planning on a Lower cost USB based wheel box but are in the process of developing it and are evaluating the feasibility of creating a wireless wheel for the SC1/2 wireless systems.

4 Likes