Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

Simon, have your feelings changed regarding the Sim Racing Bay R8 rim now youā€™ve had some time to use it since Christmas?

I think this might be the one for me as I think it offers the best value considering the materials used.

No not at all, still really like it! Actually find it a bit comfier than my PSE wheel because it has a lovely thick rim which suits my spade hands :joy: Tomo is ace to deal with too but you probably already knew that :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I had a feeling that youā€™d still have positive feelings about it :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ll second the positive feedback. Ultra fast shipping to US and Tomo is quick with communication.

Did I see a 400x400px transparent PNG wheel image for the SRB-GT3 wheel posted somewhere?

Meybe here :wink:

Thanks! I knew I had seen it somewhere.

1 Like

If you have to choose for a steering wheel between: F28 Ascher and GT3 of SRBā€¦

What do you think?

I have no experience of the F28 Iā€™m afraid. I have an Ascher B16M-SC and can say that the buttons on the SRB GT3 have a nicer feel, thereā€™s a big difference in price though!

1 Like

Yes, there is 230 euro of differenceā€¦
The GT3 wheel for me is more beautiful, the F28 is not functional to sim racing (2 joysticks)

Thanks for your opinion!

Can you use the custom wheel images in TruDrive or just in SC1 software?

You can use them in True Drive. Just stick to the image guidelines that Mika provided and they will work.

ā€œwheel images must be 400x400px transparent PNGā€

What folder do they go in? The only two folders I have in my TruDrive folder are ā€œPlatformsā€ and ā€œTranslationsā€ā€¦I donā€™t see a ā€œConfiguration Toolā€ folderā€¦am I over-thinking it?

Ah, was over-thinking. Just dropped it in the main TruDrive folderā€¦duh. Thanks.

2 Likes

Next version of True Drive will alter this functionality, just as a heads up.

2 Likes

Alter eliminate, or alter enhance?

I printed one a few days ago Iā€™m waiting on a 70mm rim I ordered to come. Do you know If there will be one for a 50mm bolt pattern rim?

Iā€™m sorry but i have no idea, try send the designer a massage and ask.

But i can report that my 2 printed QRā€™s seems to hold up fine. I use one on a 350mm round wheel for rally etc and one on a Momo 29c and no problems so far. There is a litle bit of flex compared to the original version but that is almost what to expect.

Received my new wireless buttonplate a couple of weeks ago from NSH Racing and after using it for a bit Iā€™m really happy with it. Paired it with a OMP superquadro which is excellent as well and goes well with my Ascher racing F28-sc.

5 Likes

If someone makes a wheel image of this wheel, then we will include it to our True Drive by default.
Can you report what the wheel name is in the Wireless Wheels tab?