Sound from simucube 2 pro

Hi guys,

Just got my new simucube 2 pro and it’s amazing… Just wondering if it’s normal for there to be some noise coming from the wheelbase itself.

Here’s an example of the noise coming from the motor. https://clips.twitch.tv/SpinelessSavageRutabagaKeyboardCat

Cheers!

Hi, I have given you a clear and firm answer on this in iRacing.

Again, this is absolutely normal, and fine. There is no problem. Zero. Ziltch. Nada.

3 Likes

Was going to say I’ve seen this thread already today :joy:

1 Like

Ha Si, lols, yea, for a moment I thought I was seeing double :slight_smile:

Hi Beano, that noise, is it from ball bearing or due to iRacing 60Hz signal?

Perhaps GD can put this into manual to avoid all these inquiries from users.

It’s already covered here, but hard to find unless you know where to look
https://www.simucu.be/post/simucuebe-2-quick-tips

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Andrew,
The bit of sound around servo Center is iRacing 60hz ffb signal. You can test it by setting Slew rate to 0.1 - 0.2…it will disappear…

2 Likes

The noise in the twitch clip is typical reaction of the motor coil windings to the tight torque control loop on the servo drive, and it is normal.

2 Likes

For the record, Mika, I replied the same to him in iRacing forums.

[quote=Phillip Jansen van Rensburg]Alex, that is perfectly normal for the high resolution and fine torque-control these motors are controlled to.

Absolutely zero issues with that bit of ‘white noise’

Cheers,
Beano[/quote]

Is coil whine also normal when the wheel is idle? My SC 2 Sport became much louder a few days ago and is loud from the moment I turn it on. Even when high torque is not enabled. Is that also normal?

That doesn’t sound normal to me.

I have the same as you on my pro. I can hear a noise almost like a fan ( I know there is no fan) as soon as i start it up high torque or not. This is since 1.0.13.

Ye that sounds about right. However mine started on 1.0.10 and nothing changed when I upgraded to 1.0.13.

The sound from my servo is getting louder. I have listened to it closely and it is coming from the front of the servo. I’ts a humming sound that is always present when the e-stop is not depressed, even when the wheel is idle. Is this normal or is this an indicator that something is wrong?

Hello !

Coming from the SimuCube 1 (small mige, Biss-C), I have noticed that my SimuCube 2 Pro make a little more noise (bump, in corner in the game, some effects).
I just wondering if it’s normal (I guess, yes)… But mostly, if there is a reason for that ?
The reason I ask is because the first time, I was wondering if it were normal.

You can hear that sound in this video for example At 5:28 or 5:36:

Hi, that is quite normal, dependant on settings, car-ffb behaviour et al.

If I’m not concerned about it, no reason for you to be :wink:

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

Ok, cool. I wasn’t sure, so I preferred to ask :kissing:
Thanks!

All good, no dramas :wink:

1 Like

I was using my SC2 yesterday and it was perfectly fine for several hours. During an ACC session the base startet to throw up heavy metallic rattling. I cannot really work around it, even with the stock profiles for ACC and rF2 the noise is there together with some mechanical cogging which I didn’t have before. Sometimes it’s louder, sometimes it’s quieter and especially present when riding over curbs and bumps.

Is this related to wheelbase/ingame settings or possibly a defective unit?

Nothing wrong with the unit. You are most likely running low friction/damping/inertia, part of that rattle is your rig.

Cheers,
Beano

Thanks for the quick response. Relatively low Damping/Friction is correct - I’ve been using it like this all week with no similar “problems”. Keen to share starting values to start with that would surpress those noises?