Skipped/delayed inputs from Simucube Wireless Wheel

I have used or use both the Ascher and Cube controls wireless wheels and also have my HE ultimate pedals and my rig grounded and my wheel still misses shifts or the shifters stop working for a few seconds every so often for no reason

Hi there.
Strange new issue for me now. I m using a cube control gt wireless. It worked fine until now.

However now, The left paddle stays on (on the Simucube), always active. During iracing test drive it goes directly in reverse
If I plug it via usb it works fine.

Is this another issue Or has this issue already been discussed ?

Thanks

Cube Controls wheels use a HAL sensor (with adjustment potentiometer trim) for the paddle sensing. Perhaps there is an issue with the magnetic field and by connecting the USB cable, you get a grounding for the electronics and the trigger point changes.

Consult Cube Controls on how to adjust the shifter paddle trim.

1 Like

Strange that it worked for 2 days without any issues though

My wheel GT Pro Momo, I’m having this problem
I thought my battery was faulty

1 Like

I restarted both the Simucube and wheel and played for about 20 minutes before the issue came back :frowning:

Couldn’t change gears :confused:

Love my wires…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah… all those issues make me stay away from wireless steering wheels (sadly)

2 Likes

We are not seeing any common issues, only some isolated cases. “All those issues” can be also said for the USB wheels due to their failure prone cables, ground issues and such.

True… happily not a single of those issues here (fingers crossed)

Didn’t mean to make looks SC2 like a troublemaker for wireless wheels, at all. Apologies if that’s what it looked like.

I use both. PSE and Ascher Simucube wireless.

Well, i still got misshifts here and there. Im 95% sure it happens when battery voltage drops to 3.3Xv or even 3.4Xv. I tried 4 different batteries from 3 different brands. All them has that kind of voltage drop.

Wireless: Battery Voltage : 3554
Wireless: Uptime : 571
Wireless: Battery Voltage : 3328
Wireless: Uptime : 572
Wireless: Battery Voltage : 3554

Any ideas why this is happening?

1 Like

Well I am eagerly awaiting my Sc2 Pro I was lucky enough to order a few days ago. I also put in an order for the Cube Control OMP GT wireless. After reading this thread I sent off a change of order to the wired version. I am coming from the Simagic M10 and experienced a similar problem with their wireless ecosystem from time to time.

I’ve been having issue with my wireless wheel for quite long period of time, usually it would just skip shifts but of lately It would completely stop responding.

It’s been going on for months but as of lately It’s too often.

My rig is grounded, power supplies are quite far and on wood surface.

f28sc wireless.txt (29.0 KB)

After changing my stock Ascher battery to a different brand I have not had a mishift in months. I think the stock batteries they ship with are junk. I ordered the brand Tyrone from Amazon and I haven’t witness it drop below 3.60v.

1 Like

Ik going to do that as well and im going to record a video of what is happening

Sorry to dig this thread back up, but does the true drive software give a message when battery is low? What voltage is low?

True Drive will show a message about low battery, and the motor will play a tone after connecting the wheel.

The 3.6 V lithium cell that manufacturers are using, is kind of strange in that the voltage remains very high and stable, even if the charge is very low and in fact insufficient to keep up enough voltage when the wireless wheel is using most power, i.e. when connecting. Therefore we implemented a custom “lets strain battery for a few seconds” function right after connecting, and the tone and message will be shown in True Drive if the voltage drops low enough during the measurement.

2 Likes

It’s been over a year since I created this thread. Over the past few months, I no longer experienced skipped/delayed inputs from my wheel (knock on wood). The only thing that changed was I turned off the wheel when not playing and that seems to do the trick. Sharing it here in case anyone is in the same boat.

Hi all,

We have recently gotten a good video and another user with good screenshots with enough debug data to confirm what is going on. Looking at a code, it seems that something strange/undefined was happening, which then caused various issues after undefined period of time.

Our next firmware releases have a potential fix for this issue.

2 Likes