Simucube wireless wheel support

yeah, there is also a standard api that will get devices to be shown as game controllers via bluetooth stack in Windows. But it will show as an extra game controller, not one as Simucube shows as, and also does not allow hot swapping (game controller disappears). Also exposes huge amount of different drivers from USB bluetooth dongles and of course all their bugs too. So, custom API is much better and reliable way to do it.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. That clears some things up for me.:grinning:

Anybody can tell me where could I buy this transmitter (wheel side)?

https://granitedevices.com/w/images/thumb/f/fe/Buttonplatev1.jpg/1280px-Buttonplatev1.jpg

https://www.simtechracing.co.uk/web-shop/wireless-wheels/simucube-wireless-button-plate-module/?Page_ID=3610&refpid=83177&id=786376

maybe send to these two resellers a question since it is out of stock atm.

Thanks very much!

at least 20chars :frowning:

OMG sold out

i told you that both these 2 sellers (simtechracing and racewerk) don’t have it in stock atm. Send them a question when it will be available again

copy. Email has been sent.

I was surprised how tiny the wireless card is. This is perfect.

Here’s a picture of it beside a watch for comparison.

3 Likes

Hi Jani!!!
I would need the gerber file for the realization of the “Reference breakout board” I can’t find anything on your site … can you help me? I am making a steering wheel and I have already purchased your wireless system … Thanks in advance for your collaboration !!!

Hi!
I got this from our hardware designers:

It should contain all files needed for manufacturing the board.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!!
I immediately order them!!
I can’t wait to assemble everything!
You are always very helpful and thank you!!!

1 Like

Forgive me … one more question.
Do you know the pattern of the black blocks?

A question addressed to all … I am not an expert on connectors … and there are billions of them … I kindly ask if someone is able to identify what is needed to assemble the two boards. Thanks in advance!!!

There needs to be pin headers added to both the wireless wheel module and the breakout module (male on other, female on the other). Also, there is placeholders for pin headers on for all the pins, which you can use to solder wires.

That’s what I did (even though not the Xbox version) - removed the Fanatec board and replaced with Teensy.
Downside is that Fanatec uses some kind of ‘earths strongest glue’ in the screw holes that make the process of removing the screws holding the board in a tricky job. The materials used by fanatec for the UniHib are what many call ‘chinesium’ and it’s a poor low quality material that reminds me of die-cast model cars made from ‘metal’ that was easy to break.
It ended up a butchering of sorts and although it works I realized that I should have just saved up and purchased an Ascher button plate, which is what I did.
Some have an easier time, but most run into trouble with these screws.

I wanna change the name of bluetooth, anyone have this software? (Simucube wireless button plate configurator v0.9.6b)

That can only be done with a separate programming device that we only sell to those that make wheels commercially.

Can I change the wireless transmitter to use 1:2 rotary encoders?

That requires the programming tool that we only sell to commercial wheel builders. DIY usage of such tool is not supported.