Simucube settings for Dirt rally

After upgrading to 0.9.7a, I’m again having issues with the FFB cutting out in DR. The issue seems to occur when turning the wheel far enough that it hits the game’s “soft lock” (full steering lock on the virtual car). I tried manually upgrading the IONI firmware to 1.7.2, but that did not solve the issue.

Settings for DR are 1080 degrees, filter 1, TBL 1000Hz, 2.7% damping, 0.80% friction, 0.00% inertia, 24% friction and damping effects.

Thanks for any input on how to solve this issue.

@cookie70 Did you make sure to calibrate the wheel inside Dirt Rally to ensure it’s set to 900 degrees in game as well as in SimuCUBE?

I find when changing degrees in simucube; that I also need to calibrate the wheel under USB game controller/simucube.

This is in addition to then calibrating in-game.

I had a look tonight, couldnt figure out how to calibrate the wheel in dirt rally… any suggestions?

The option should be in Controls -> Advanced Wheel Settings, near the bottom of that menu (Calibrate Device) I believe.

Did you solve the issues with ffb cut out?

i would advise you to lower the 2.7% damping , we are experiencing something similar with ffb cut/loss and after lowering that value to lets say 1.0 - 1.5% (you could try less or more to see) seems that it bypass the problem. although i can not say for sure that this is the problem for your setup.

Somtimes there is a USB cable problem, hub problem, USB extension cable or USB 3.0. Try high quality different USB cable, no USB HUB, no extension cable, motherboard USB 2.0 only.

Have you ever seen that?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LRHr79M3B3zLvdMdA

Can anyone share recent settings? Struggling to get decent FFB with this title.

This link provides valuable info: https://chippedwood.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/dirt-rally-0-6-rally-cross-update-finally-has-support-for-direct-drive-wheels/, my settings:

ingame: as per chippedwood, only with lower SAT:20%,wheel and tyre friction ~45%devicesetup_v2.xml.txt (5.1 KB) effectsetup_v2.xml.txt (4.2 KB)

Follow the guide as referenced by HardWin but, keep in mind that neither DR1/DR2 are going to provide the full-bodied FFB we are accustomed to in other Sim-titles, it just isn’t in the game’s DNA.

The best ffb I ever achieved with DR1 was derived from telemetry-driven ffb but, that was using a different steering system. Still, we can get the FFB to a decent place and enjoy the DR titles for what they have to offer.

1 Like

That high suspension and collision FFB was a bit too much for me, adjusted it downwards to 65%

+Hi. Long time since itryied dirt rally. But now i cant get the game to recongnise my v3 pedals. Some tips ?