SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.8.x bug reports

that could have happened, Not sure… there. It wasn’t a huge deal to redo the wizard though… I guess if others have an issue then there might be something if not then it was just weird for me…

I am getting some very odd behavior since 0.8.4 I have 5 systems set up all identical 2 initialize within 5 Seconds
1 takes 10 Seconds and 2 take >30 seconds or do not initialize at all any ideas

Update:

I took of the units that was taking >30 secs to initialize and I reverted to 070c which made no difference so I flashed 083 again and it initialized within a couple of seconds, I then performed the same process on the other unit, no change it still takes >30 seconds

I am using a known good .drc file on all of the units is there any explanation for this behavior

It doesn’t fault so there are no clues

Hi, I got strange problem and its happening since ver 0.7xx and I try all versions 0.8x, all same.
Problem is kind of connection simcube soft with hardware or possible on my pc side? Not sure, I record little video to show whats happening. Its only happening when I leave system on and wheel is not used for 5 10 minutes in desktop, then I try to used it and its freezing up and Save setting to SimuCube goes grey and normal again, kind of blinking. I try to connect to Granity to see any fault code but cant connect. To getting working again I have to switch it off and on and its good to go again and can connect to granity but no fault codes recorded. I never want to writing about it because I know its all i beta but after trying in 5 version of simucube soft I thought is worth it. Any suggestion please?

videos set as unlisted

Many Thanks
Bart

Hi Bart,

I would guess this is some type of an USB issue - Enable IONI USB Configuration button should definitively change also the status from Operational to something else.

What happens if you close the Configuration Tool and reopen it? does it manage to reconnect then?

I done on 1st video, if kindly look on 1:00 I reopen Configuration tool and its show disconnected. Its only start working after power off and on simcube. thanks

OK, thanks. I hear you repowering the SimuCUBE, and that seems to solve it. What happens if you, instead of power cycling, unplug and replug it?

Yes, I tried that as well but stay same as before.

Re-plugging the device also makes it appear in device manager / game controllers list normally?

Not sure, I will let you know as soon as freeze it again.

Yes, I can confirm it appear in game controllers normally.BTW I keep 2 usb cables plug in to simucube all the time, is it ok?

Yeah, it is ok.

I will include some led light codes for next firmware version.

ok, thanks, What I notice just now when I unplug usb for granity use and leave another one plug in simucube crash after few seconds same way as before described. ?

Weird behaviour/stuttering graphics when using analog inputs …

1 week ago I decided to turn the brake pedal of my unused G25 pedals into a handbrake for use in Dirt Rally by connecting it to the X11 upper input using pin3 -I see the brake giving correct signals in SimuCube but …

When this setup is active I get massive stuttering in DR - first I thought it was the new Geforce Driver from last sunday or the Win 10 Creators Fall update (these updates where done before I used the handbrake the first time!), but even going back to the config from before the trouble doesn’t work. Then I turned of the analog input again and it worked as usual, but I forgot to save the changed setup and today I was back at stuttering again until I decativated the analog input again.

I would expect that several people are using the analog inputs w/o issues, but is there anyway to figure out/debug if SimuCube’s analog inputs are really causing my problem?

Hi @Mika think I sort my issue out. I plug SimuCube to external usb hub in my monitor. I belive hub got own power so I think maybe kind of drop voltage in usb on motherboard cause connection issue with simcube? God knows but I got quite few devices connected like button plates, shifters and stuff. Anyway looks like is stable now. Thanks

1 Like

@Bart… there are some issues that have been found with using the SimuCUBE through a USB HUB… not everyone has issues but some do… The Question I have is if your computer is putting anything to sleep during that 10 minutes or so of inactivity as it could have issue re-cennecting correctly. I have all sleep functions turned off on my computer and have never had issues but then I cannot be sure this isn’t just due to the fact of having it directly connected to the MoBoard.

I am having issues with F1 2017 after upgrading it kweps crashing the game. It was running great before on mmos2014. Any suggestions ? Thank you

Codemasters F1 games have not been tested at all yet. I have an idea what causes issue with them. Hopefully I can test them this month.

Can you please help, I tried following the procedure to downgrade back to mmos and generated the dfu from the hex and renamed it, then I followed procedure the rest of the way. I do not have any feedback at all after. Is there anything else I need to do to downgrade? After I did the F1 game stopped crashing but I had no feedback whatsoever and at the end it stopped even responding to turns. Let me know thank you so much

Did you configure the MMOS firmware appropriately?