SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.7.x bug reports

You should not be trying to use MMOS at all, after uploading the bootloader using DfuSeDemo.

You should be using the Configuration Tool instead - click update firmware button there. Does it work?

Yes, you are now using everything correctly. You should now just stop using MMOS. It isn’t needed for anything, and it won’t work with the new SimuCUBE firmware.

great thank you MIka

Hey Mike,

I’m all up and running and have a working Config tool, I use really low Overall Strength so is it possible to add a decimal point… I normally run 1.55 or 1.66 or should I adjust FFB strength with iRacing?

Cheers

I might implement this at some point. For now, you can fine-tune with the iRacing slider.

if you delete profiles quickly, you can get communication faults.

Hi Mika, do you think that you can look into the problem with rotation 540° and 420° today? Can i do something to solve the issue? Thank you very much.

I will test that today.

Thank you very very much.

It has come to my attention, that some Ioni filtering parametres will get overwritten when the simulator such as iRacing starts. IRacing didn’t use to have any filters set by DirectInput, but it seems that they have been added during the last weeks.

So, at least Friction filter, but maybe damping and inertia too, are not really effective at the moment, and changing their values does not work as intended.

Mika can you please try RBR? I have to set damping to 3% and Friction to 1% that i can minimize the oscillations. Is it possible that with the new firmware/software the wheel oscillates a little bit more then before with the old stuff? Do you have some ideas how i can reduce oscillations without setting the damping to 3% (it’s not a small difference in feeling between 2%-3%)? Thank you very much.

Hi Mika, would you advise that anyone yet to update with new firmware hold off?

Hi.

Was waiting for months to get beta. This is my result so far.

I’ve tried to update bootloader and it worked fine. But after leaving DFU mode and power cycle of Simucube nothing appeared in the HID list. IONI started to blink SSSL. I found that emergency stop was turned on - I switched it off and IONI switched to green color.

But nothing in HID, MMOS can’t find it, DfuSEDemo also. Set S1 jumper to DFU and cycled power. DfuSE now found it - started uploading again and got Target 00: Error Code: Bad state machine in firmware. After that Simucube is not visible anymore to DfuSe. Power cycled it and now it can see it again. But all retry of Upgrade bootloader failed with same error.

Used 7-zip to extract file directly in Download folder - same result. If I remove S1 jumper - nothing helps - nobody sees it.

With every power cycle though it shakes a wheel as MMOS was always doing, but MMOS doesn’t see it anymore.

What can I do?

I made a short tutorial video about the upgrade progress.

I just tried to press emergency button and upgrade it again and now it passed. So it has something to do with it.

Problem is that I can’t use it - after returning from DFU by switch it’s not visible to anyone.

So I’ve reuploaded MMOS bootloader and MMOS can see it. Clicked DFU mode in it and depressed Emergency Button this time. And now DfuSe throws same problem with another Percent position

Tried disconnecting motor and buttons - upgraded to Simucube bootloader, power cycled and nothing appeared in device manager…

Tried to run simucube config tool and it has found simucube in firmware upgrade mode. Checking further.

Edit: So far I’m able to set it up in config tool.
Edit: It works, but process was confusing and I think has something to do with e-stop.

After installing Simucube firmware and restarting the configuration tool I get error ‘Drive firmware update error. Turn system off and on again.’ Orange led is blinking in SSSL sequence. There is also 1 communication fault count.
My IONI fw is quite old (1.3.0 or 1.5.1, not sure which one). Do I need to upgrade manually to latest?

Any other ideas?

Try to update manually. Remember that you have to press the Toggle IONI USB Configuration -button to connect via Granity.