SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.7.x bug reports

Thank you very very much.

It has come to my attention, that some Ioni filtering parametres will get overwritten when the simulator such as iRacing starts. IRacing didn’t use to have any filters set by DirectInput, but it seems that they have been added during the last weeks.

So, at least Friction filter, but maybe damping and inertia too, are not really effective at the moment, and changing their values does not work as intended.

Mika can you please try RBR? I have to set damping to 3% and Friction to 1% that i can minimize the oscillations. Is it possible that with the new firmware/software the wheel oscillates a little bit more then before with the old stuff? Do you have some ideas how i can reduce oscillations without setting the damping to 3% (it’s not a small difference in feeling between 2%-3%)? Thank you very much.

Hi Mika, would you advise that anyone yet to update with new firmware hold off?

Hi.

Was waiting for months to get beta. This is my result so far.

I’ve tried to update bootloader and it worked fine. But after leaving DFU mode and power cycle of Simucube nothing appeared in the HID list. IONI started to blink SSSL. I found that emergency stop was turned on - I switched it off and IONI switched to green color.

But nothing in HID, MMOS can’t find it, DfuSEDemo also. Set S1 jumper to DFU and cycled power. DfuSE now found it - started uploading again and got Target 00: Error Code: Bad state machine in firmware. After that Simucube is not visible anymore to DfuSe. Power cycled it and now it can see it again. But all retry of Upgrade bootloader failed with same error.

Used 7-zip to extract file directly in Download folder - same result. If I remove S1 jumper - nothing helps - nobody sees it.

With every power cycle though it shakes a wheel as MMOS was always doing, but MMOS doesn’t see it anymore.

What can I do?

I made a short tutorial video about the upgrade progress.

I just tried to press emergency button and upgrade it again and now it passed. So it has something to do with it.

Problem is that I can’t use it - after returning from DFU by switch it’s not visible to anyone.

So I’ve reuploaded MMOS bootloader and MMOS can see it. Clicked DFU mode in it and depressed Emergency Button this time. And now DfuSe throws same problem with another Percent position

Tried disconnecting motor and buttons - upgraded to Simucube bootloader, power cycled and nothing appeared in device manager

Tried to run simucube config tool and it has found simucube in firmware upgrade mode. Checking further.

Edit: So far I’m able to set it up in config tool.
Edit: It works, but process was confusing and I think has something to do with e-stop.

After installing Simucube firmware and restarting the configuration tool I get error ‘Drive firmware update error. Turn system off and on again.’ Orange led is blinking in SSSL sequence. There is also 1 communication fault count.
My IONI fw is quite old (1.3.0 or 1.5.1, not sure which one). Do I need to upgrade manually to latest?

Any other ideas?

Try to update manually. Remember that you have to press the Toggle IONI USB Configuration -button to connect via Granity.

Hallo Ich habe dieses Problem mit der neuen Software.Sie wird nicht richtig angezeigt und ich kann nichts erkennen.Habe die Datei mit win rar und mit zip entpackt aber es bleibt gleich.!Ich habe Windows 10 auf dem PC.

Windows Problembehandlung zeigt mir Inkompatibles Programm an.Was mache ich falsch Mika?

It is known that the current version of the Configuraton Tool does not work correctly with High-DPI displays or if you have a custom scaling factor set for the display in Windows settings.

This will be fixed hopefully some time soon.

Ah Ok Danke Mika,Habe die Auflösung runter gestellt und dann gehts.

Bug report from iRacing forums:

All filtering settings get pulled to the current profile when exiting IONI USB Configuration Mode. In addition, the reconstruction filter settings is turned of.

I’ve already corrected this issue for next version of the firmware.

Known issues, and things that are already fixed for next version. No need to report these.

1. Encoder offset for centering would not work, if the offset was sufficiently large. Maybe Fixed for next build, pending further testing.
  2. Filter values were pulled from IONI after exiting IONI USB Configuration mode. Fixed for next build.
  3. Reconstruction filter was not actually set after exiting IONI USB Configuration mode, if no profile was changed. Fixed for next build.
  4. Game-set friction, inertia and damping values are being parsed and sent to IONI, but currently they are not being calculated at all - a constant 0 is sent. This means that at the moment, those are ineffective. During last week’s iRacing patch (or earlier, unbeknown to me), also iRacing sets up damping filter. This means that damping does not have any effect as it gets overwritten on IONI drive. This will get a total redo - we chose to keep separate IONI-based filtering values set on the profiles, but game-settable values on the SimuCUBE firmware. There could be also scalable sliders to control these if required.

Unfixed things:

1. The UI does not scale for high-DPI displays or if display scaling is set sufficiently high. This is on list of todo things.
1 Like

Upgraded Ioni with Granity to 1.6.1 and still having the same issue.

Actually now Granity won’t find the device at all with Enable Ioni USB configuration.
With S1 switched to DFU mode I get unsupported device message.

Which version of Granity do you have?

Also, after manually updating Ioni, try turning SimuCUBE off and then on.