SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Next features POLL

This is exactly why the ramp-up of the force currently starts before the angle that is set by the user rather than at that angle.

I shall be changing the endstop to say bumpstop, as I think also bump rubbers etc. are the nomenclature used in real cars as well.

OK not a problemā€¦ the only thing with having EndStops outside the range would be if you want them turned off essentially for a certain profile (vehicle) or you donā€™t really want to feel them but you wish for the wheel to not just spin if a game doesnā€™t have built in end stops (such as Assetto Corsa . Another reason to have the Endstop slightly out of steering angle would be if you wanted the ramp to start at end of the steering Steering Angle setting rather than into the steering angle such right now if you wanted 900 degrees Steering Angle with a 0 degree End top angle for limit which would make 900 degrees and then a 15 degree Ramp Angle your ramp would start at 870 degrees rather than 900ā€¦ if you allow for negative End stop angle from limit this would allow you to set the Steering Angle to 900 degrees your ends tom Angle from limit to -15 degrees and your Ramp Range to 15 degrees and you would have 900 degrees of Steering range before the Ramp ip began and then the End stop would be there to Only stop the wheel.

My only dislike of the Steering Angle from end stop is the Math needed to figure out where your end stop is as to get a 270degree End stop range with a 900 degree Steering Angle you would have to set the the End stop angle from axis limit to (900 - 270 = 630 / 2) 360 degrees instead of just being able to type in I want 900 Steering Angle and 270 degree End stops. The of course if you take into account the Bump stop Range (Ramp Range) it is a little more confusingā€¦ maybe a check box for Ramp Range beginning or ending at Endstop Axis Limit that way you can place it inside or outside the Actual range of steering set up by the Endstopsā€¦

OK now that I have just confused everyone and probably myself lolā€¦ anyway my thoughts on ti.

There is an indicator now that says how many degrees apart the bumpstops are, and it updates live when you set new values for the bumpstop angle.

That, and other things I implemented today. I must now go home, and test with my MiGE, and then maybe compile a new closed beta :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice stuff Mika :slight_smile:
Looking forward to next beta test!!