SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

The automatic expects you to start SimuCUBE with always centered wheel, as explained in the user manual.

I am currently investigating a bug where one extra hardware settings are saved to SimuCUBE when configuration tool connects to it. This could also cause these minor issues.

Workaround for this specific issue - one of the long-standing bugs that has to be fixed before stable version - is tested. I will be able to supply a test version tomorrow for interested people that suffer from this issue.
NOTE, that this version is only going to be sent to the people that can make SimuCUBE do this bug, and thus can test this fix in a reliable way.

Thanks Mika.
Like you said, it’s a minor issue that for the time being just requires the config tool to be opened. That’s not really an issue as I like to often switch profiles for different cars/games so I just leave it open!

Not sure if its placebo, but with the 2048 line/21M resolution SinCOS encoder the ability to catch cars that in the past I could not is uncanny. I truly feel this thing gives an edge over the old 10K encoder I had. I don’t think it’s placebo BTW :wink:

Hi, still on 0.7.1 firmware version with Lenze, with version of config tool that was available last september - any specific update process to follow to update to latest available firmware and config tool? Thanks

Thats very old! Just download the latest version and launch it, it will automatically prompt you to update.

You will loose all your profile settings when upgrading such old version.

1 Like

Thanks @Mika, all sorted, very straight-forward

You also May have to do the process of Manually upgrading the IONI Firmware depending on what you have so be aware of that.

Hey @bsohn, thanks for the prompt - fyi my IONI firmware version shows as 10701 in latest version of Simucuibe config tool - how does that version look?

EDIT - Just seen https://granitedevices.com/wiki/IONI_firmware_releases

There is one later version, 10702 which I can update via Granity?

10702 has no improvements for SimuCUBE users, but I will add that to be automatically updated in the next version.

Brion meant, that very early IONI firmwares (1100 and 1104 for example) didn’t have the automatic update capability,so from those versions, a manual update is required.

Thanks @Mika @bsohn , appreciate the help very much

Mid-week news:

• Hidden updates to our wiki are in progress.
  • Codemasters has been able to repeat the issue.
  • It is -15 degrees C outside with a slight breeze. :socks:
1 Like

Thanks for the update Mika and all the work you put into it all.
Would be great to have F1 2017 working before the F1 season starts.
For those who missed the news, this year we are able to watch F1 over the Internet.
A massive number of channels (F1 TV Pro), from data screens to all 20 cars in car views :slight_smile:
Here in at 435meters in the mountains of Germany also very cold, minus 13 degrees.

Unfortunately this does not apply in Finland, as the MTV television channel here has exclusive broadcasting rights, including online distribution.

Off-topic for this forum, but they specifically said that they are going to employ technology that will prevent using a VPN for their own streaming.

Lets take further discussions on this topic on some other forum. Autosport.com forum is good.

Even dough i put latency as the most important thing in the survey. i really look forward to the new and upcoming rcon / ffb signal filtering options

Finally got the “computer won’t start” workaround code working. Anyone interested in testing that?

hmm none responded yet :stuck_out_tongue: , i didn’t either since i don’t have that problem. so i can’t test that.

I will test it on a normal working computer first, and if it does no harm, just include it to the next release.

Hi Mika,
Send to me and I will test when I arrive back to Melbourne tomorrow (Fri) evening.

Cheers,
Beano