SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Can we hope for when a correction? I have a race Sunday night … :crying_cat_face:

Can not you downgrade to version 0.9.0?

In the meantime, thank you for your excellent work

You can downgrade to 0.9.0. Downgrade to 0.8.x will clear all your profiles, remember to backup.

I should be able to get a test release just for you today :slight_smile:

I have sent an experimental 0.9.2 release for testing for @Stephane_Charrier and one other guy.

If the result is good, I will release it today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

… The other guy reported that the issue is fixed.

Let me get to the office so I can release for you all :slight_smile:

I was about to report the same problem that @Stephane_Charrier identified. I tested multiple cars and tracks in Raceroom and each combination caused the same issue.

I’ve just been testing ETS2 and Assetto Corsa and found no issues with either.

I was about to rollback to the previous firmware to check but now there’s no need.

Thanks to @Stephane_Charrier for reporting it and to @Mika for the swift fix! Great work, as always! I look forward to the next release in due course.

Version 0.9.2 has been released.

4 Likes

Thanks Mika. I will try tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

lost ffb on 0.9.1 after 30 secs on track in rf2 return to pit ffb returned
just installed 0.9.2 issue seems to be fixed :slight_smile:
Thanks
only thing i noticed recently on prev version sms bus error is all ways at 0 not 1 but does not seem to cause issue
Yep all good just done 20 odd laps no issues sure it feels better i think.
Rf2 GT3 car feel truly awesome thank you for the hard work Mika and the quick update fix :slight_smile:
using recon filter 2 unlimited TBL. i don’t use any other filters bar the 0,50 in the damping and friction below the QFactor

Just spent an hour or so testing various car/track combos is Raceroom and I’m pleased to say all seems well again, thanks to @Mika.

In fact, it may be placebo, but I think it feels better now than it felt with 0.9.1 in the 65 seconds or so before the FFB cut out. Raceroom has never felt this good to me!

1 Like

it must be placebo, but anyway, these messages are good to hear. :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Really excellent work. Finally we find all the good feelings of RaceRoom. It only remains to find the right settings.

Thank you to the Granite Device Team and Mika :smiley:

1 Like

Friday report:

Almost everyone seems to be happy with 0.9.2.

Next, leaving system on with debugger to catch the hardfault which happens “when simucube has been on for days”. I know the reason is a hardfault of some reason, and now debugging code is in place to see where the fault is coming from.

:beer:

2 Likes

Version 0.9.3 has been released as a minor hotfix - exporting and importing profiles used the wrong file.

It would be great to have desktop center spring saturation as well as desktop damping.

This way, one can set 100% spring, 5-10% saturation and a bit of damping so that the wheel will slowly but firmly turn to the center.

Yeah, this was just the first attempt to have something without taking too much time to implement.

The effect has zero effect on driving feel, so not very keen on investing more time for it until the open source project launch.

Totally agree.

With respect to driving feel. Latest firmware makes my Lenze feel better than ever before. Hats off to GraniteDevices.
It’s such a pleasure to race the Porsche GT3 Cup in iRacing.

1 Like

Work in progress:

• Automatic steering angle setup from rFactor 2. Thanks to @Eddy for suggesting this, and thanks to rFactor 2 devs for taking a look at this.
  • Official SimuCUBE app icon. First version by @SKeijmel but might need fine tuning.
  • Users can set their own wheel icon for the main window. Specs: 400x400px, PNG with transparency set.
11 Likes

oh! :grinning: Automatic steering angle setup from rFactor 2. is REALLY much appreciated

Thanks!!

I appreciate your swift response!

1 Like

The automatic rF2 steering angle would be brilliant, I always thought this was an rF2 dev issue as every other sim just needs a 900deg setting for the wheel then adjusts the rest in sim, but if something can be done with this it would be fantastic.