SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Yes, the profiles and settings are saved inside the SimuCUBE device, so they will be there if you have the same SimuCUBE as before.

Perfect, thank you very much Mika! This helps me alot! :slight_smile:

Any ETA on next release, new features?

Early Christmas gift from Simucube? :slight_smile:

I have a question: Does the overall strength setting actually keep the strength linear? I assume it would since it seems to change the max current, but just wanted to check.

When they are ready and tested. Due to my PhD commitments, the previous two weeks have been occupied with other stuff.

Before Christmas, we plan to

1. Test the effects that I implemented, and optimize them a bit. I can’t promise they’ll be perfect or ready for release before Santa’s visit.
  2. Make an effort to finally release the firmware as open source from the technical point of view. Can’t promise that the repository is up before the Christmas, but we will at least done some code cleaning and reorganizing towards this goal.
  3. Release a new beta with no new SimuCUBE features, but one that includes the IONI firmware improvements related to a) encoder noise and b) overvoltage faults. This beta will first be only for some particular people that we will select to test, and it will be dependent on that whether a public release with this new IONI stuff is made or not.
2 Likes

ANZ Test Monkey ready to go :lol:

Good luck with Ph D stuff!

Yes, its linear. At least as far as how it is set up.

1 Like

Good luck with your studies Mika!
I know how tough that is!

Yep, that is why the change was made to adjusting the actual Amperage rather than the signal with the SimuCUBE strength slider as it preserves the signal structure.

1 Like

Development of the firmware has commenced again. I have a roadmap that should be realistic to achieve during the holiday season.

In another news, remember to check out the new IONI beta firmware, if you want to try that.

4 Likes

Mika, the download link for the new Ioni FW doesn’t work for me. Can anyone else confirm please?

For some reason, it gives me a “upload file” link on my desktop Opera. However, mobile Opera, desktop Chrome, IE, Firefox and Vivaldi all give the download .gdf file normally. Strange.

Try with another browser.

Okay, FireFox worked fine, it’s Edge that has the issue.

Thank You Mika!

The new ioni firmware is great its like getting a simucube v2 for christmas;)

Updated firmware seems great less overall motor sound its quite a bit quieter overall. and also the weird popping noise and “cross talk” is gone at tbw 1000+ 4700 Unlimited ect!
Also the motor feels smoother/ same go’s for the ffb

Small Mige 10.000 PPR here
(popping noise here sounded like electricity jumping)
which is totally gone now

i can not see my simucube inside granity, off then i change the usb in the Augury case ,on , and then i can see the simplemotion com2 but i do not found any drive there.
no matter if i start simucube before or after granity software.

i read the troubleshooting but nothing helps

what am i doing wrong?

So Granity shows you a Simplemotion V2 adapter? If yes, then did you remember to put the SimuCUBE Firmware into Granity USB Configuration mode by using the button on the Advanced -tab?

If you are not in a hurry to try any of the fixes in this new IONI firmware, I think I we will have a new build of the SimuCUBE firmware before the Christmas that will include this new IONI firmware as well, and will update automatically.

no , i did not do that.

maybe i should stop touching and start waiting for your new simucube firmware.

thanks a lot Mika.

This all sounds to me that i will return sooner to simucube firmware then i thought :sunglasses:.
Keep up the good work and thanks

I second that.

Not changed my previous settings and only tested new IONI firmware in one car in AC, but the wheel now feels so smooooooth.

[Small MiGE|10,000ppr|IONI Pro HC|Mean Well 480/720W]

Ok, another post in that direction and i will start touching here and there again…

Come on one step by step video guys…xD

1 Like