SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

How is the new ioni firmware comming along which should be more quiet at 680Hz+ TBW settings ?

Tero releases it when its time. Its not worth to release only “some minor changes”, as some testing has to be done with our industrial partners, etc. before every release. It would be dangerous to release something that is untested…

It seems, that rFactor 2 acts the same as Automobilista - they can’t detect my buttonbox which is based on Teensy microcontroller using Teensy flight sim controls interface from Teensyduino IDE.

Hopefully testing this with automatic shifting will suffice.

Im using Teensy on my fanatec bmw gt rim. No problem with detection although on AMS its detecting b4 button without it being pressed, making it impossible to assign any other button or the wheel.

@Mika i do think so automatic shifting will suffice. Thing i noticed is (and i do hope you don’t think omg here we go again) my system freezes for a moment before i loose ffb in rFactor 2 so even my mouse, shifter and other usb devices. Again could be on my side but last few days i have seen more reports.

I did two laps at the old spa with full rated current using small Mige and Mercedes GT3 (yes, I bought the GT3 pack).

Not a joy to drive, as the steering is so very slow - do I have a setting wrong somewhere, as I can’t get around La Source? But, although at these high forces my mouse and keyboard get thrown to the floor because of shaking, I didn’t get any disconnects or faults.

1 Like

Good, release !! :):grinning:

1 Like

rfactor 2 is retarted with steering ratios / wheel deg.
the game doesn’t scale them if you have your wheel 900 degrees.
You should try to put it to 400 deg in the simucube firmware maybe that helps.

its not anything like iracing.

1 Like

I don’t recognize the slow steering? But like you said there are not much people with my problem so i’d say release and i off course will test and report my findings. here or in a pm whatever you like.

ah yeah good point @SKeijmel. you need to set wheel rotation in config tool to match with the car. so AMG GT3 = 400degrees rotation.

2 Likes

540deg in settings in game .60 multi default is 1.0 and 540 deg in car setup

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I will test those when I next fire up rFactor 2.

So, release will be tomorrow at, lets say… before 18:00 UTC but after 14:00 UTC.

@bsohn already updated the user guide, and I just approved the changes with a few additional corrections.

4 Likes

Is that with the 1.25 kHz or 2.5 Khz :smiley: ?

most likely with 1.25 kHz, as when I found the “wrong setting” and changed it back, the Simplemotion communication with Ioni started to fault every few seconds. This was after I fixed the fault that it would happen every time there was a motor fault. There are inter-related reasons behind this. Has anyone heard of nested interrupts? :wink:

No i had never heard of them :smirk: so i google’d https://definedterm.com/nested_interrupt

Go get 0.8.11, everyone.

7 Likes

yes :slight_smile: i will get it now!

1 Like

After the version got out, I managed to also correct the issue with 2500 Hz update rate not working. Maybe there will be a version with that soon…

7 Likes

After the upgrade there are 2 green lights on the simucube board, is it ok?

I did put some debug leds to different states compared to previous version. You can disregard those for now.