SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Regarding the issue where the wheel seems to turn way more than specified,
it’s seems non sim specific, today in AC I had the same issue but hold on to the rim.

Could it be that the force applied in the game in an accident is higher than the bump stop,
there for it is continuing to turn (it sure felt that way this time)?

Yes, you are right, bumbstop can be overridden by the force from the game… This is a unintended, and I’m fixing that for the next build.

Yes, with the default settings 20%/10%/10° for hardware settings, but for the game profile it was 0°, what is the default I think - is this removing bumpstop? Haven’t checked the manual for this topic so far, as I fought more time than expected changing my rim to use RN-42 as bluetooth interface using 16 buttons now.

Did anyone have success running F1 2016 with SimuCUBE firmware - for me the wheel is showing up as a controller, but whenver I rotate the rim it isn’t recognized (control isn’t updated) and when starting a race the game is heavily stuttering (app. 1-2 second breaks between every drawn frame), what was a problem also for other wheels at the beginning - as soon as I disconnect the SimuCUBE the game is running at normal frame rates.
I tried to tweak the xml file for the inputs, but I had no success to get rid of the problem - funilly Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 (with xml tweak) are working fine.

I have been wrestling with my OSW for two days now and finally got it running in PC2. During my research and fumbling around, I checked the events tab in the properties tab on the usb device that is my OSW wheel. I ran across this error: “device was not migrated”. I cannot seem but think this has something to do with problems some people are having with their wheels. All the other devices, pedals, shifter, button boxes, etc do not have this error message.

1. Does this mean that the Simcube firmware is not compatible with windows 10?
  2. Should I be concerned?
  3. Is there a fix for this?
    Thanks for any opinions or suggestions or education in this area .

i can’t answer your other questions but with regards to windows 10, there are quite a few people running it without issues. the firmware works with windows 10.

You mean MMC not TBW

TBW is there now already. MMC will be there soon.

Dont we have tbw already ??? Or can we set any value now?

SimuCUBE firmware is still in beta, so there are bugs, and it cannot be said that it is officially compatible with anything.

Yes. Torque bandwidth limit is in the UI. If you mean that you would like to set it to any frequency you like, I will have to say sorry, its very unlikely that we would change IONI firmware to enable that.

No not really just confused that you said you added tbw to the configuration program when it’s already there .That’s why I thought you typed tbw when you ment to type mmc.

Getting close to the next version, need just to find the time to do a bit of additional testing. That will happen tomorrow.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

Edit: These issues are known and will be left to fix a bit later:

• Configuration Tool UI does not scale on High-DPI displays or with displays that have custom scaling factors.
  • USB issues / game crashes.
4 Likes

I’d appreciate if the next version has a focus on further game support and working on/fixing the USB HID part (including more FFB effects). :slight_smile:

One can only do so much at each version…

Mika is it possible to make little explanation for each setup what it will do in configuration tool when you move mouse cursor over it?

Its possible, but not high on the list. Most probably I’ll implement the same thing as Granity, i.e. user manual is on a window on the side.

I’ve put up a poll on what people would generally want to have next.

Sure, no worries. Just saying. :wink:

i understand. we all want things.
personally, i need a new house.