SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

I said the wheel was perfectly smooth when powered down… I was wrong, the same slight notchiness / cogging feel is still there. Is this normal for a Mige or am I being paranoid ( I suspect the latter ). Time for bed.

Some MiGe servos get the inductance noise above 680Hz, I played with this quite a lot. Been there since Argon days, through IoniCube 1x and 4x, and now. I would say it’s the servo for sure, nothing else.

Wrt the cogging, you’re being paranoid, the MiGe exhibits this, as do the AKM G series servos, to a lesser degree, the AKM K series, and the least of all, the Lenze.

So you’re all good :slight_smile:

chichi
"R3E had a severe issue when having a soft crash into the wall and the car was touching the wall afterwards - the wheel was spinning infintely and I even had to use the emergency stop"

I suspect it is not specific to R3E, had the same issue in rF2, after this I keep an light hand on the wheel if I crash the car and it has not happen again, but guess it would unless I did. I’m using an cord so I not to keen to test.

Edit, my crash was more of the heavy kind in rF2, at minor one it is no issue

Do you guys have the bumpstops enabled ir not?

Yes i have, default settings, they work perfectly before and after

Yep left default bumpstop on using reconstruction filter of 5 and 470htz on all games at moment and 450deg.
only thing i have changed for different games is Max ffb between 26 and 55 depending on game.
tried Assetto Corsa, Dirts Rally, Race Room, Automoblista, P cars, RF2, still got P Cars 2 to try when i get home :slight_smile:

I got this once in raceroom as i was playing with it for first time with OSW max ffb was set way too high a 60% in Simcube

broke a button cap on wheel hub as it wrenched itself out my hand and cap went flying lol i have 12 spares on way in post now :slight_smile:
best to start all new sims at 20% ish max ffb first :slight_smile:
Forgot were i got to as been trying so many different sim’s over last few days but no ware near 60% :slight_smile:
i also reduced jolt magnitude to 0,02 so hitting walls cars crashing into you does not have such an effect was set to 2.0 by default this is way too high :slight_smile:
I set this in all game that have ability to do so adjust the jolt :slight_smile:
Normally google OSW settings for each game then pick one from relative forum :slight_smile:

My OSW is fairly new to me too only had just over a month from T500 so learning what does what in that too :slight_smile:

hi,

I tried the new firmware yesterday and found to experience several issues with both Automobilista and iRacing.

Automobilista: when going into the sim there is no issue. But as soon as you press the button to step in the car the sim crashes. Windows showing you the error “this application has stopped working and needs to close”

iRacing: had no problems at first, but after a while it happened that the FFB would go away completely for no obvious reason. Also when trying different settings starting up iRacing became a problem after a while. It started crashing all the time on the iRacingSimDX11.exe file with the following error message:

“Instruction at 0x000 referenced memory at 0x000. The memory could not be read”

I have reverted back to MMOS for now.
Cheers!

post edited: corrected Assetto Corsa to Automobilista.

Mika : New firmware feels really goodl in Kart Racing Pro, although it’s not possible to switch out to Simucube Configuration tool ( or to any other windows app or desktop ) while in Kart Racing Pro.

Hi Geert,

Feedback about AC is valuable. We haven’t yet tested it at all, but there are many reports that the actual forces when driving works. I would suspect that the trouble you are having, in both sims, are caused by some leftover config files that point to MMOS.

There haven’t been any similar reports since from the beginning of the beta testing. I think that if there was a serious issue, many people would have reported it by now.

I must say, that when I developed the firmware, I managed to get iRacing to show up similar problems, but those were clear bugs which I’ve since corrected.

not had any issues like that with AC either forces work fine in it for me too. got it feeling fairly good too the other night :slight_smile:
i am on a clean install of it due to bitdefender messing with the updates.
I deleted it and reinstalled before i realised it was bidefender stopping updating :slight_smile: so canned bitdefender to the bin for good
i have iracing but not subbed at moment hope you find the issue because it feels allot better than the MMOS :slight_smile:

I’ve been using the new SimuCUBE Firmware since July almost exclusively with Assetto Corsa and had no such issues. In fact it has been working great.

I mentioned this days ago and got flamed for mentioning it. I had to reduce power from 100% to 80% and it still feels heavier. Haven’t been on my rig since so I haven’t been able to do further testing. Glad I’m not the only one who noticed it.

Yep, I didn’t do any racing either since the iRacing S4 season update, so… expect news today on whether iRacing actually changed something last week.

PCars 2

Last night set up and ran Pcars 2 for a while, there are so many variables its going to be a process to set up the wheel correctly for me.
Note :- Filters do not effect the wheel much
On the second track I hit the wall and the wheel spun through the bump stops and tore the usb cable out of the connector, that was the end of my night.

Initial impressions with the game are good, the FFB will howevr as stated require better setting up and possibly a different setup for each car as each one felt very different and sometimes the same car on a different track felt different.
I suggest you map a rotary to the available adjustments in the game and adjust accordingly in car.

I mentioned Assetto Corsa but I meant Automobilista! apologies for that. I haven’t tested AC with the new firmware yet.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Geert

AMS not working is also valuable information :slight_smile:

End-of-friday update:

During the week, I started to implement the MMC to the UI so that it can be included in profile settings.

However, this will mess up (delete) the current profiles that users have created.

Solution is that I just implemented save / load to/from file. I just got it working on the first try.

There have been a few additional fixes here and there, so I’ll most likely release this intermediate version soon, so that we can get MMC in the profiles without users having the ability to save their profile settings. Lets see how many things I can get included in this intermediate version.

4 Likes

I tried Automoblista just now to see if it worked for me only for a bit but feels good at 40%

This may be related to a recent issue resulting from a Windows update or Graphics config that caused errors as I had the same thing happen. It turned out that I had to delete the D3D.dll file in AMS and the issue was gone.

I recommend consulting the Reiza forums for more information.

AMS worked flawlessly for me with the new FW.

1 Like