SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

If you use Automatic Indexing, then I think it is the case, that the wheel phases within different motor pole quadrant when you turn the wheel that few degrees left. It is a limitation of the system that can not be over come without an absolute encoder.

Ahaā€¦and since thereā€™s no practical (FFB driving SIM feel/experience) from upgrading my current 21M rez SinCos to an Absolute encoder other than the ā€˜inconvenienceā€™ of making sure wheel is straight before turning on, then itā€™s really no big deal!

Well, strictly speaking, ā€˜settingā€™ up you wheel in the Simucube app, should allow the wheel to be reset to center, provided you move the wheel to approximately center position before starting Simucube, should avoid the need to reset the wheel after startup.

This is how it works for me, no issues. Some FW revisions had the issue where this did not work properly for some reason, but the 10.2/10.3 versions are okā€¦

Cheers,
Beano

Most likely the 0.10.3 release will happen on Monday.

1 Like

Yep, no issues for me either Mika with the test.

v0.10.3 has been released. Link to release is on the releases page.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

It is the same as 0.10.3pre3 was.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the continued efforts Mika!

Final polish-up of the open source repository setup happeningā€¦

1 Like

No issues so far here either. Thanks again for all your hard work!!!

There are now some commits in the open source repository, the rest to follow soon.

1 Like

Thanx Mika!

Top effort and I am sure what many have been waiting for :slight_smile:

Time to close this thread and move on to a new thread!