SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Yes, but the light is not blinking, its constantly on after phasing ends and until index point is found.I didn’t check if it is the same led that it was in Mmos, but its a led anyway.

Well, bootloader is currently the long pole before going public beta, so thats why I’m working on it too.

Yes, and a new build is coming, I just have to find a bit of time to stablize some new features.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Just out of curiousity, when the bootloader comes, you can update the firmware from 0.4.1 to upgraded version without manually putting the SimuCUBE in to DFU mode?

Nope, you will first have to flash the new firmware which will have both the custom bootloader and a normal firmware. Then, when a next new version comes, there is going to be a button in the UI to make the SimuCUBE go to firmware upgrade mode, and the update can happen via the custom bootloader without needing to go to the default DFU bootloader.

This “one extra step” is also why we want to have the bootloader at least one closed beta earlier than going to public beta, so that we can also make sure that the bootloader is started correctly, flashes the firmware correctly, and also the configuration tool talks to it correctly.

1 Like

I discovered that the endstop damping function needs a tiny bit more work to have universally “enough” adjustability for different motors. After I have fixed that, then a new closed beta will come. New features will only be the endstops, and bugfixes.

4 Likes

Comments about the current design would be helpful to finalize the endstop and build a new beta for you.

Closed beta v0.5.0 is out.

Great, thank you, will extensively test later today!

Thank you installed with out a problem so far will be testing now

hotfix 0.5.1 is out.

That was quick, thank you!

OK, here some bug’s, these are present in all versions.

• Center frequency Hz below 2.0 Hz, disable’s the notch filter (had it on 1.5 Hz, on Ionicube 1x built)
  • Q Factor is not setting right value 0.1 to 0.9 get’s 0.1; value 1.0 to 1.9 get’s 1.0

Other filters
Dampening value set to 0.30 get’s 0.28 after saving
Inertia value set to 0.60 get’s 0.58 after the first save and changes to 0.56 on the second save

I did some lap’s (about 1h) this morning with 5.0 where I encountered a severe error which I had never before during the past two years. Just when I turned left into “Eau Rouge” I lost all steering input for about 0.6 second’s. After that steering came back, there where no USB disconnect.

I’m testing now 5.1
Scrapp that, flashing 5.1b now :slight_smile:
OK, bug’s are still in 5.1b

If I use Dampening value of 0.32 and Inertia value of 0.63 these value stay

Was the configuration tool open at that point?

I’m currently investigating this, as I seem to be getting
total of 0 bus faults with Ioni over night with everything closed, just SimuCUBE on
total of 2 bus faults when Configuration Tool has been open for an hour.

Yes, the tool was open and it could be that it appeared after the 1 hour mark.

Thanks for reporting. Fixed.

Couldn’t make it do that. :frowning:

I close and re-open the Tool after saving the values.

Just uploaded a small video which show how to recreate the bug

Noticed the same thing with version 0.4

Thanks, this makes it very clear what happens.

But, I could make you right now a same type of video, where it does not happen. Makes me think extra hard :smiley: :thinking:

Have to wait testing new version as Summer Assembly is coming and the wheel is working fine so far. I think I’ll wait up for the version with the bootloader 'cause I don’t want to fiddle too much with opening the precious acrylic case for manual DFU :smiley:

Hope to see Granite guys at the lan event!

1 Like