SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Its been moved already :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this update incorporating irFFB features? or did that not eventuate?

We havenā€™t had resources to implement telemetry based effects for now. This might change in the future.

The changelog for upcoming features can be found in our wiki.

3 Likes

Yeah no worries! Thanks for your hard work and looking forward to the update anyways

Hello
Today or not today :sunglasses: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Will it be possible to update directly from version 0.11.2 to the next version or will it be necessary to update to 0.50.4(d) first?

0.11.x.and up will be supported.

3 Likes

Just wanted to see if you possibly have a release date for the new simucube software? If you need anyone for testing, I would be more than willing to help in any way possible.

3 Likes

An update has been released for sc2 ā€¦ Itā€™s coming soon for sc1 :smiley: :wink:

4 Likes

Hello
Sc1 firmware 1.0 is still contained? :grinning: :sleepy:

1 Like

Iā€™m actually working on it right now; ported some features from True Drive to Simucube 1 a minute ago and trying to test themā€¦

6 Likes

I am available for testing if you need anyone to test

I know, it is already very close to be able to give it out for testing. However, I will need to plan our teamā€™s schedule a bit, so that at least myself will be able to be available for any bugs/issues that might be found, so that testers will not get left out with nonfunctional systems, not at least for long.

I hope everyone understands that if we release the firmware without support, even for a limited number of testers, and then there was issues, it would not be a good position.

The May 1st is a national holiday in Finland, but due to corona restrictions, there are no traditional parties, and the weather being cold as hā€¦Finland, I see this as a good day to run a round of testing again. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

i am available :wink: to test it out!

another questions the scaling of the effects will be the same as the sc2 now.

i run 3.50% Damping 0.50% friction and 3.50% inertia what would that be in sc2 valueā€™s ?

35, 5, 35%, Seb. If the scaling has been changedā€¦letā€™s wait for Mika to confirm :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, scaling will be changed like it is in Simucube 2. Also, no need to adjust anything, the visible values in UI will be just different.

4 Likes

:racing_car: I am here to test if you need anyone

the most waited software update :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello,
Iā€™m new to the forum, but Iā€™ve been using simucube since its release.

I have a little problem, at each start I have to center my steering wheel.
Do you know this problem?

Simucube version: 0.50.4
My coder: 10,000ppr / 40,000cpr

Do you mean that you have to physically turn the wheel to the center, or that you need to reset the center point of the wheel?