SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Ahh I thought they had a beta of the new build.
Thanks for the response.

Official IONI firmware 1.7.15 has been released. I would advice everyone who beta-tested to install that instead of the beta. That way we can auto-update in the future based on version number.

Also those that had 1.7.14 should install 1.7.15 even if there was not any issues.

2 Likes

Soon a new version of simucube?

Very soon indeed. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks Mika!

Quick question :
How FFB can feel better when using that new IONI firmware with a Simucube firmware that donā€™t fully support itā€™s new functionalities yet? Especially even when disabling the damping, friction and inertia IONI filters? Is it the Reconstruction filter that has been updated? Itā€™s calculations, or itā€™s updating rate?
How can this be?
:slightly_smiling_face:

There are not any other intentional changes in FFB feel between 1.7.10 and releases after it.

1 Like

I meant, a tad smoother.
Wellā€¦ now a need to validate if iā€™m not a tad crazy.
haha :thinking: :wink:

Will SimuCube firmware/software Update also install the new IONI firmware version (if needed) automatically or has it to be done separately?

Hello

From Mika
But, I would like some testers that have expertise to completely restore the Simucube via the bootloader_reset_settings.dfu file, in case something goes wrong. There is just not time to support downgrading step-by step if something goes wrong.

Weā€™ve tested update a few times and it seems to work fine, but we can never be too carefulā€¦

Is it this procedure ?

Yes, and dip switches need to be used to put Simucube into dfu mode.

like this ?

I have a question

does updating an ioni firmware have an impact on the feeling of the ā€œother filtersā€ parameters:

• damping
  • friction
  • inertia

I always understood that ā€œother filtersā€ are the parameters managed by ioni

yes, those filters are on IONI drive. However there have been no changes in those filters.

1 Like

I am ready for testing simucube 1.0 :smiley:

1 Like

Just did a 40 min race in iracing with the new firmware 1.7.15 (Small Mige Biss-C).
Couldnā€™t feel any differences compared to 1.7.10. Working just fine.

1 Like

Could you please answer this question?

In all previous simucube firmware updates , ioni updates were also being updated automatically.

1 Like

Yes, it will be uploaded automatically if there are features in the IONI firmware that are required for the new Simucube version to work. It has been like this since Simucube firmware version 0.7.x or something.

There can and will be IONI updates in a different development cycle, but Simucube users are being kept up to date automatically.

1 Like

Thanks. I am still using my first version: 0.11.2 with 10707.

Was looking at this screenshot you posted a few days ago and i found a really really minor thing.
I think it would make more sense if the text ā€œStrengthā€ in the ioni filters section is moved on the same row as ā€œOther filtersā€. Like thisā€¦

Thanks and have a great day!!