SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Yes and fix humming noise plz

Happy December!

Is there any news about the new filters for simu1?
If you need testers dont hesitate to ping me

Bests
Simu1 lover

We will tell when we have news to tell. There is a bit of a task to get the Simucube 1 firmware and PC software updated with some internal restructuring and tidy-ups that we made to Simucube 2, including some outright bug fixes.

8 Likes

Some may have noticed that we have analyzed the Static Force Reduction being somewhat used in SC2 in it is somewhat useful, and it can be implemented on Simucube 1 as-is, so it will be done. Looks like January will be great! :wink:

15 Likes

Thanx Mika, appreciate the ongoing development for SC1 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The are many surprises coming upā€¦

13 Likes

Ready to test, as always :wink:

2 Likes

We are ready :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great to hear Mika!
Always excited to see what improvements trickle down from SC2.
Happy Holidays!

1 Like

That is very good news. Many SC1 have been moving into new hands lately.
I have been helping many people get setup.

I am sure all SC1 owners will be happy to see some new features.

5 Likes

@Joe: I still have 2 or 3 different OSW SC1 setups lying around my sim-room, including my Bogeyman 65NM servo - heaps of fun that one isā€¦gawd, talk about arm-ripping torqueā€¦even at the max 38NM SC1 can drive t tooā€¦

So, like stated when SC2 dropped onto the market, GD will actively develope and improve the SC1 ā€˜openā€™ FW, as always, I will test the changes and Mika will drop them on the unsuspecting user-base, haha.

But yes, Bogeyman might be in for a very special one-off upgrade too, using some older prototype hardware, letā€™s see how that goes, or, if I indeed can speak about it more, a bit later.

I am still very much into DIYā€™ing these things, seeking for new ways to improve the DD experience, even if I own a SC2 Ultimateā€¦

Crazy Test Monkey from Down Under, indeed :lol:

1 Like

Yes Beano,

I am of the same thinking. I still have old OSW versions ready to smile from a new software upgrade.:grin:

Very excited to do DIY projects. Especially now that I am not a reseller anymore.

Every variation of OSW was wonderful. Each time we would think it could not get any better, but it did.

I am glad that the Boys at Granite came out with the SC2 for us! It would be very cool if they would come out with some new DIY hardware for us also.:blush:

I guess you must have a hot summer by now. We have it in the 20Ā°F at the moment around Washington DC area.
I have been whining like a little girl! LOL

1 Like

Would be nice to get new generation Drive for SC1 with better processorā€¦ do it guys, DIY never dieā€¦

1 Like

I hope we can get the slew rate filter on SC1

1 Like

any updates on what upgrades we are going to have on the sc1 any new recon filter and or slew rate filters? we have been neglected for months :wink:

2 Likes

We already stated that the static force reduction filter will come. New reconstruction filter surely not, as IONI servo drive does not have sufficient capacity. Slew rate has not been analyzed yet.

Hi sorry to hijack this topic. (maybe wrong to ask here)
But is that THE or A reason that the OSW-1 pre assembly kits are sold out everywhere?
Because for me its finally time to upgrade to a DD base, (did some money saving :wink: ) ) and to my surprise, they are sold out at a lot of places. (augury , sim racing bayā€¦) And of course the sim-plicity things. But i dont know about the software . No offense of course to them, but got more trust in GD.
Now thinking of a SC2 (sport). Oh man, first world problems. Luckely im not in a hurry.

Look for used ones, They come up on iracing hardware forum often. I just sold my OSW 1, small mige, 6 months old for 800ā‚¬.

1 Like

although i donā€™t have one , i think getting a sport would be better as it is going to get more care from Gd.

1 Like

sport owner here, best choice i could have made imhoā€¦did not regret for 1 second having bought this instead of the pro

1 Like