SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Seems this is what a lawsuit happy society brings. It’s unfortunate. My real car has nannies too that I hate.

I had a VW Golf 6 R with nannies I couldn’t disable entirely. I got tired of it and after a few months I bought a BMW M135ix. No more nannies for me.

That’s unfortunate, we should at least be given the option, you could add a disclaimer or warning to check off when disabling it. For me, it is a useless feature which only serves to be a hindrance,

These safety features are indeed largely due to crazy US lawsuit happy society. We want to do at least the obvious things to stay on the safe side as a company that is responsible about the products we manufacture.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
Despite the new release of the Simucube 2, I opted for the Simucube 1, as one of the last versions. I am also super happy with the device. I wonder if the Simucube 1 will continue to be provided with updates. I hope very much that the “old” will continue to be maintained, because he is simply good.

Yes we are all waiting for the simu 1 update, specially the new filters.

We have not progressed as fast as we would have like to with adding new filters to Simucube 2, so, at the moment, we are still at the “Now” phase in the diagram that we published previously.

Here is my monthly question: Mika have you made progress with the simu1 next version(templates etc)?
Can you share an estimated deadline for this?
It is fine as well if you are saying that this simu1 dev was cancelled and we will not get new features , because everybody is focusing on simu2.

(In that case i will try somewhere the simu 2 pro or ultimate with iracing and if it is significantly better than my lenze+simu1 i would sell my setup and order an ultimate or a pro)

Simucube 1 will get updates when we get around to it.

1 Like

No,this wouldn’t be fine but actually exactly what i am expecting.

1 Like

Post 445. Have faith.

https://community.granitedevices.com/uploads/default/original/2X/d/d1183c2e561520f4ba8a34ce1077d83d0fca87c4.jpeg

I got faith…

@Mika, for info, same resonance issue with the Simulaje F1S wheel with 0.54c version…

Things are getting picked up. I have recently fixed the issue in the Simucube Configuration Tool’s firmware update wizard which lacked the buttons on the bottom in some situations.

4 Likes

Good to hear Mika!

If you see the ETA for the simu1 filters please share it with your most loyal customer (myself) :slight_smile:

Great news Mika . SimuCube 1 software development goes on…

any news on when we are getting some improvements again / new firmware ?

I’m thinking of taking a week aside to get some of the firmware-side bug fixes over to Simucube 1 before the holidays.

1 Like

You should fix that 360 glitch first for sc2. It is the only anoying thing for me. Specialy now when i have wheel with usb cable on it.

1. Open the TD
  2. Turn wheel 360 to left
  3. Turn on sc2
  4. Then comes the glitch
  5. Turn wheel 360 to right
    Not cool…

We have a fix in testing for that, need to still adjust it a bit.