SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

I think I have enough testers right now, and already good feedback. I will need to check a few things and compile a new one.

7 Likes

Exited to see this release coming closer, but I have one question regarding the filter settings being sliders, as those sometimes can be hard to set just like you want, and I’m not sure that this will be a good move from the way it is now, where you can type in the exact setting you want.

1 Like

You can use left/right arrow-keys for fine-tuning :wink:

can’t wait :slight_smile:

That’s good to know :slight_smile:

How fine is the steps using the arrow keys? Now I’m using ,05 steps, so if that’s still possible, it’s all good.

In TrueDrive are 1% steps Thats translate to actual SC1 software in 0.1steps, so TD over SC2 is less precise.

Plans are to simplify the sliders even more…

Edit correct link
@Buresoe if you read Mika’s first answer you can clearly think that “we” the precisión geeks are a minority not taked Into account by GD team, the future is SIMPLE AND PLAIN

As a mere lurker, there seems to be a lot excitement surrounding this up coming firmware release.

For the average consumer, what can we expect from it?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

A lot of bug fixes, mostly. And Static Force Reduction Filter.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

3 Likes

Thanks Mika, will there be a notable improvement for the average driver?

It remains to be seen, we are investigating some minor FFB issues with the firmware currently, and some other minor bugs.

7 Likes

Hello @Mika
I am available to do tests this beta.
Small mige whit SC1 and 720W PSU

Currently no need for more testers, there are a few issues that are to be investigated and then it will be ready for public release.

9 Likes

It has taken a while, but finally managed to retest the absolute encoder detection and calibration things, which was a bug that was reported by the testers.

7 Likes

I downgraded to 0.50.4 and I am available for testing

1 Like

I’m still on 1.01.7 - why did you downgrade?

to impregnate me again from the ffb of 0.50.4 before testing again v1.0.xx

1 Like

aha, makes sense.
Do you notice much of a difference going back to 0.50.4 when you match the FFB strength in the Simucube software?

I answer you on the dedicated thread v1.0.17

Hello guys, please, can some one help me upgrade encoder? Thank you very much.

Some links vere