SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Unlimited will give you a raw signal. The frequency content of the signal and the update rate of the signal are completely different things, and you shouldn’t be at all interested in the underlying update rate, just use filters to get desired feel.

1 Like

@Mika sorry that my question caused you so much trouble.

Any updates on the new firmware for simucube 1?

Last work on that was yesterday :smirk:

7 Likes

There were reports that bumpstops were acting in a buggy way in 0.50.4 and caused e.g. ripped USB cables.

I’ve now taken a look at the code from Simucube 2, and will also include the improvement&fixes to Simucube 1.

We are now very close to a release, and I will have time for the next 14 days to support the release of the firmware. :sunglasses:

20 Likes

This, btw, means that Simucube 1 will likely get improved bumpstop effect ease-of-use with less parameters before Simucube 2. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

That’s great news!!!

Excellent news there

Now that is some very good news!!
Goooooooo Mika!!

Aren’t we all iRacers anyway? Bumpstop is configured in the sim. Curious about the other features that will be part of the new firmware.

Nope. I know quite a few SC1 users that don’t play iRacing. It’s a great online service, if you have the time to take advantage of it. Some of us simply don’t have that luxury, so we stick to offline racing.

5 Likes

No time for even the very short (15 minute) fixed BMW M8 or Dallara F3 races?
:slight_smile:

There has been a bumpstop bug that is safety related, and investigations on what is actually happening for that, and a design fix is still ongoing.

6 Likes

Any news for v1 :wink:

1 Like

I’ve just pulled the bumpstop bugfixes to the sc1 development branch, but still need to build the UI to match Sc2 for the new bumpstop feature.

10 Likes

Very cool! Thanks Mika.

Week 13 is coming. I’m ready to test new firmware :wink:

I have hurt my foot, so nothing else to do for this weekend :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Why you need feet to program!? :smile:
Take a bunch of pain meds and maybe we will get some really creative programming.