SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Excited for this! Can’t wait for it to be released.

Nice going, Mika! Should be a very good release for SC1 owners :slight_smile:

1 Like

That bug might have been something that was accidentally taken from an WIP Simucube 2 feature in June last year. Recently some other deficiencies were discovered, and fixed. Testing was done with Simucube 2 and will be included in the next release.

For example, it is possible to switch from a large steering angle profile to a much lower angle profile without there being sudden bumpstop applied on change. The bumpstop will be activated when steering goes to within the new limits for the first time.

5 Likes

Sounds good!
So the bugs is not on this build as far as you know?

Do me a favor in testing. Stop on track and turn the wheel to left or right extremes and do doughnuts in the middle of the track. That is how the bug was found by my guy.

In regards to your toe the Veterans hospital taught me a neat trick.
Put an ice pack on the back of your ankle then on the back of your knee for a bit.
I was very dubious, but it does work!:smile:

2 Likes

closed beta has started.

9 Likes

I am available to do tests

Would love to beta test Cheers

I think I have enough testers right now, and already good feedback. I will need to check a few things and compile a new one.

7 Likes

Exited to see this release coming closer, but I have one question regarding the filter settings being sliders, as those sometimes can be hard to set just like you want, and I’m not sure that this will be a good move from the way it is now, where you can type in the exact setting you want.

1 Like

You can use left/right arrow-keys for fine-tuning :wink:

can’t wait :slight_smile:

That’s good to know :slight_smile:

How fine is the steps using the arrow keys? Now I’m using ,05 steps, so if that’s still possible, it’s all good.

In TrueDrive are 1% steps Thats translate to actual SC1 software in 0.1steps, so TD over SC2 is less precise.

Plans are to simplify the sliders even more…

Edit correct link
@Buresoe if you read Mika’s first answer you can clearly think that “we” the precisión geeks are a minority not taked Into account by GD team, the future is SIMPLE AND PLAIN

As a mere lurker, there seems to be a lot excitement surrounding this up coming firmware release.

For the average consumer, what can we expect from it?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

A lot of bug fixes, mostly. And Static Force Reduction Filter.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

3 Likes

Thanks Mika, will there be a notable improvement for the average driver?

It remains to be seen, we are investigating some minor FFB issues with the firmware currently, and some other minor bugs.

7 Likes

Hello @Mika
I am available to do tests this beta.
Small mige whit SC1 and 720W PSU

Currently no need for more testers, there are a few issues that are to be investigated and then it will be ready for public release.

9 Likes

It has taken a while, but finally managed to retest the absolute encoder detection and calibration things, which was a bug that was reported by the testers.

7 Likes