SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

i am available :wink: to test it out!

another questions the scaling of the effects will be the same as the sc2 now.

i run 3.50% Damping 0.50% friction and 3.50% inertia what would that be in sc2 value’s ?

35, 5, 35%, Seb. If the scaling has been changed…let’s wait for Mika to confirm :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, scaling will be changed like it is in Simucube 2. Also, no need to adjust anything, the visible values in UI will be just different.

4 Likes

:racing_car: I am here to test if you need anyone

the most waited software update :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello,
I’m new to the forum, but I’ve been using simucube since its release.

I have a little problem, at each start I have to center my steering wheel.
Do you know this problem?

Simucube version: 0.50.4
My coder: 10,000ppr / 40,000cpr

Do you mean that you have to physically turn the wheel to the center, or that you need to reset the center point of the wheel?

I need to reset the center point of the wheel :disappointed_relieved:

Which indexing mode do you use, Automatic or Index Point? If Automatic, you must always start the wheel with the wheel at straight. If index point, then there might be a bug in 0.50.x and it won’t work correctly.

Thank you very much for your help!
Where do we have access to this setting for indexing?

It reads on the Hardware settings tab in the Simucube Configuration Tool. Re-run the motor configuration wizard if you need to change it.

Ok thank you so much !
I would watch :slightly_smiling_face:

Any progress for us to test?

its weekend… I’ve been racing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Mika in full effort :sunglasses:

@Mika i don’t know if it is a good option or not , but is there a way to have a switch for polling rate ? maybe 1000hz and 500hz ? Is it something that could be made easily and would it work ? Maybe it could be benefitial for some people but i can not say for sure. Ofc i don’t say this only for sc1 but it is a thought.

You mean the maximum usb polling rate in the usb interface descriptor?

Yes the usb polling rate.

Why should that help anything… Can it be adjusted in any other wheel base?

There are many things that simucube does and other wheels do not. I guess i should not have asked. Thank you for your fast answer.

1 Like