SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Thank you much Beano.

You helped me a lot.

Cheers Mate, you’re most welcome :wink:

Quick question on Biss-C installation - can I use the 22-bit 4.2M file or do I still need to use the 2.1M file?
Will the updated software allow 4.2M, if so then I can probably wait until it’s released for beta testing.

Thanks.

You can already use the 4.2M file. Unlikely that you would feel any difference.

Biss-C Encoder upgrade Manual.pdf

And the file is in the pdf

11 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

also got in all connection manager improvements from Simucube 2 True Drive, as well as CPU consumption improvements.

6 Likes

I really want to test on my sc1 :sourire:

Unfortunately testing will have to wait, as we need to figure out how to implement the wheel encoder reading - exactly as in Simucube 2 at the moment, or like it was in IONI, and then re-implement index point / automatic / absolute indexing code based on that.

But that should be one of the last items on todo-list - then of course a large amount of internal testing!

6 Likes

fantastic! Thanks!
Happy to test when it’s beyond potentially bricking something :slight_smile:

Wireless wheel image loading will also be on Simucube 1 software.

2 Likes

Progress WAHOOOOOO!!!

You’re killing it! @Mika Great job to you guys!

There is a 0.50.4d release out, which could/should fix a hang issue if the original 0.50.4 release does not start / hangs at start.

2 Likes

Link. https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

Thanks Mika - I never had ‘hanging’ with 0.50.4c (whatever the last one was), so no need to update?
Was this specific to certain motor/encoders?
I am replacing the SinCOS with the Biss-C today, so if it’s happening with Biss-C encoders that would be good to know.

no, I believe it was spesific to some windows version / motherboard USB driver or something. Windows does not know what encoder is inside the motor!

No need to update if your Simucube Configuration Tool does not hang at start (preventing you from using it completely).

We also had this issue in some True Drive testing version during the summer 2019, fixed it, but somehow it passed through to the Simucube 1 release unfixed. Someone had issue this week on iRacing forum about this, and I had just done the True Drive -> SC1 code review/improvement last week so the patch was straightforward.

1 Like

Interested as to why you changed from the sincos to the biss C ?

I have the Biss-C and run 0.50.4c and I’ve never had any problems with hanging.