SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Wel, original plan was to include some things from the new UI, but people wanted new version sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Orange writings are looking like a warning message. I would be concerned every time i launch the tool.

2 Likes

I like the orange, it would look much better with a black background or at least black shadow detail to make it ā€˜popā€™ - something liked the attached image(s) for inspiration!
images

Its a work in progress. People wanted updates quickly, and also there is the need to get a build with all the wireless wheel fixes out, so no time to implement anything more drastic right now.

Any mockups of the new UI to share?
Afraid neither orange nor black would save old UI which was probably fine for DIY kit freebie but definitely not something that should go along with the commercial product.
I could understand disappointment of SC1 users if they donā€™t get UI refresh as well.

I will share a few screenshots of the SC2 UI later today, Andre, I was testing a few new filters last night and the FW for the SC2 now at a very good level. More later today, I have to say, I quite like the appearance :slight_smile:

In the meantime, my latest thoughts here: Simucube 2 News and Updates

2 Likes

Thanks Beano.
Look is secondary to a function, but always a nice compliment to the whole package showing how professional and serious the vendor is.
Enjoyed reading your impressions, canā€™t wait when the beast gets released into the wild.:smiley:

Wow, new UI looks stunning.
Good job GD. :grin:

Need to test Wireless Wheels with SC1 today, then I could maybe share a test versionā€¦

It will include an IONI firmware that is also minimally tested and not available anywhere else. Only changes in that are related to SC2 compatibility changes.

7 Likes

Really hope distributors are allowed to sell wireless system kits for DIY purpose.

^^They are, they will also provide the necessary support in that case.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is a bug in the minimally tested IONI firmware, but I can report that the Wireless Wheel functionality does work fine. Also got a new button plate to test it with.

Its very beautiful :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is a very nice plate :slight_smile:

Any usual tester want to have a Simucube 1 firmware for testing? PM.

Things seem to be well. Any other takers? :slight_smile:

I could test, but then I need to refit Bruteforce on the weekend, doable, 40 minutes job at mostā€¦if there are things you need certainty about, let me know, I can test then :wink:

most likely, if there are no bug reports, the version will be released publicly by the weekend anyway. I just yesterday ran into a strange issue that I could not reproduce/understand, and thats why there is a short need to gather a bit more data before public release.

1 Like

Ok, please forward to me :wink:

Hello
My tests of 0.50.2
install is OK
raceroom is OK. I did not feel any difference on the sine wave effect
rfactor 2 is OK
dirt rally is OK
dirt rally 2.0 is Ok
assetto corsa competizione is OK
assetto corsa is OK

2 Likes