SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Beta version 0.4.1 BUG Reports

Automobilista. Feedback feels good but when hitting a wall the lack of end-stops means the wheel rotates a lot. Its not a runaway just that I think the game uses the Hardware end-stops not its own software one. Its not a real major bug report just more of a FYI.

Assetto Corsa. Feedback feels Good. I think it uses hardware End-Stops as well But i did not experience the same Wheel rotations on Crashes.

Its not a real major bug report just more of a FYI.

I don’t particularly want to open the case because it’s still under warranty. It’s working great str8 out of the “box”, ï can live without the bump stops for the time being so I think I’ll wait for the bootloader before I update again.

Now i have turn the switch to the right and flash it again.
All fine, then i turn it back and i find it in “joy.cpl” and can change settings with MMOs and Granity, like before.
Is that correct, that Granity and MMOs working after flashing BETA 0.41?

Ylu shouldn’t be able to use mmos for setting up anything. Is there a mmos force feedback or a simucube visible in the control panel?

Something i missed. Sorry.

That means, that the firmware flashing to SimuCUBE has not been successful, and you have still MMOS flashed in.

Are you sure that you are flashing the right file, the one in the zip?

I flashed that one…

That is very strange, as the file before zipping it is 177 kB and on your screen it says 1025 kB.

Are you extracting the zip or trying to open it with Windows Explorer’s very bad integrated archive opener? I recommend 7-zip from 7-zip website.

Also the date on that file is wrong, something has modified it, its not the one from the beta zip, thats for sure!

@ Manolo and Mika and well all…

I had this same issue with Cary Bettenhausen last night where the firmware was failing flashing with both the Dip Switch and MMOS… I am not sure which one had effect but I emailed him DFUse 3.0.4 which is what I used to flash mine with without issue and he pulled the firmware directly from the .zip onto his desktop and used that file to do the firmware upload… I think he may have still ended up using 3.0.5 but pulling the file directly out of the zip rather than doing a full expand worked for him… It seems that something is corrupting the file a little causing the firmware upgrade failure (which is NOT reported) and leaving MMOS intact fully on the HID chip… So it is not a “firmware issue” other than something might be a little up with the file itself.

I think that Manuel has, in this case, accidentally dumped mmos from simucube to a file, overwriting the new dfu file.

Because it is a dfu flash, it won’t flag a botched flash with corrupt FW I think.

I pretty much suspect the unzip tool is causing an issue. Did you use 7-zip? That works very well, I have not had any issues around this. But it have seen problems in the past using other tools to unzip, where they cause problems…

Not with this FW though, as I only use 7-zip to unpack it…

Confirmed. I ended up flashing with hardware DFU (DIP switch) and 3.0.4 but I suspect the .dfu file was corrupt all along and I could have flashed without opening the case and with using 3.0.5. Extracting the .dfu with Windows into the same folder as all the other files seems to have been the culprit. Extracting it separately to the desktop worked.

In the process of opening the case I discovered my Kit Augury came with the straight NDR-480-48 480W power supply instead of the SDR-480-48 480/720W PSU which explains some of the issues I was having with losing force feedback on bumpy parts of the track. Thanks to Brion for helping me sort this.

Yea we have now found some of the limitations on the straight 480 watt unit with using High Power…

With the big Mige? Yeah, I always propose to use the SDR-480 with that one.

I know some call me crazy, but I have always advised a minimum of 600W for that servo. But you can limit the current a bit on peak side so as not to hit the PSU current limits…

Okay, i found the mistake, i just uploaded my own FW to that 177kb-file, overwrite it and after that, i flashed that file back.
That cant be working. But now, i flashed the 177kb-file and my wheel don’t work. Windows10 say driver unknown device and something. Were i get the driver for it?
The LED on the board blinking yellow 1 long, 3 fast.

No driver needed, it uses Microsoft’s own driver.

On the board, you must mean Ioni, as SimuCUBE is not actually blinking its own onboard leds for anything in any consistant manner.

It works, thank you.

1 Like

Yea it is with the Large Mige… we are playing with some settings to see what the limits are but I actually totally forgot about the current limit in Granity… Basically he Thought he was sent the SDR which would have worked fine but opening it up discovered that it was an NDR unit.

issues:

• in the UI, the “tab order” when tabbing through fields is not correct. the active field jumps all over