SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

I could not repeat this issue myself. I did fix an issue that could cause this.

For Assetto Corsa, I no longer get the little Āŗ to confirm DirectInput damping is working, which I was before. I just get the - .

But DirectInput damping in AC is definitely working.

Updated 0.9.8 and in Dirt Rallys friction is completely gone ā€¦

Simucube Friction effect is at 100 and even when I set both friction sliders in DR to maximum I can turn the wheel without any effort while the car is not moving.

Not sure if is based on that issue also, when driving the wheel is totally loose around the center.

Overall impossible to drive - has anyone seen the same problems?

Another thing I noticed with DR, for all FW versions <=0.9.7 the wheel oscillates slightly while being in the menus, with 0.9.8 this isnā€˜t happening anymore (wheel is not moving).

I shall re-investigate the friction effect. Its calculation is similar to the 0.9.7 version, but I meant only to remove the damping effect part from it. It could be that Friction effect itself got a washout :slight_smile:

Will be fixed for next version.

edit: upon investigation, the friction torque was left out by accident. It also is not being calculated as per DirectInput spec, so I will revise this during the eastern holidays. I donā€™t have access to development hardware or indeed any SimuCUBE at the moment, but code should be ready for my testing when I get back.

Hello,

i hope to post at the right place. Since the 0.9.8 installed the DESKTOP CENTERING SPRING STRENGTH doesnĀ“t work ā€¦

You have to increase the saturation too.

Thank you Mika.

So both must to have the same value?

The strength controls the sharpness of the force curve. 100% means that 100% force is at at +/- 450 degrees. 200% means that it is at +/-225 degrees, so the force increases twice as fast as you turn the wheel.

The saturation (maximum strength) can then be used as a clipping level, so you can set very quickly increasing force but clip the strength of the force.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply

Just a quick query, I saw further back in the thread that it was possible that running the fw updates would continually decrease the output current setting.

When I first had the wheel with MMOS I was usually running 30-35%. When I first moved to Simucube I noticed a slight drop in output so was generally running low 40% range. After this most recent update I feel that it might have dropped again. I reloaded the drc file for the Small Migeā€¦I saw that this is a ā€˜safeā€™ settingā€¦the simucube setting shows 12.86A. Should I be going in to granity to adjust these settings manually to get some of that headroom back? I am now running some cars at 50%+ and that would previously have been much more challenging.

This was fixed in 0.9.0. Starting from that version, the firmware will first set up the last saved current value to IONI before starting the firmware update, and after the firmware update, the SimuCUBE can read that value again from the IONI drive.

12.86 A is nominal maximum for Small Mige.

Thank you for the quick reply Mika.

Having updated the firmware/simucube a few times through 8.x / 9.x versions and lately updating firmware and applying the DRC file again there wouldnā€™t be anything that I could potentially have misconfigured that would lead to the lower force output?

There also havenā€™t been any other changes recently that could have affected percieved force?

Just double checking that I havenā€™t done anything silly or misinterpreting what the force slider meansā€¦

Regardless thank you for the hard work on this firmware/software it really is excellent compared to MMos!

I have just upgraded to 0.9.8, i am now getting random disconnects of the simucube.

Any ideas?

Which motherboard, which usb port? What other USB devices are connected?

It appears that the USB stack re-initialization code seems to be causing issue for normal users. Maybe I will remove it for next version.

Hi,

I have upgraded to 0.9.8 and I have same issue than reported in 0.9.7.

Sometimes, I lose center point and I donā€™t know why sometimes this problem happend.

I always switch off my ā€œelectric connections stripā€ at night and some days when I start my PC the center point is 90ĀŗĀ± displaced.

I have a big mige since 2 months and I have same issue from the begining, first firmware I used was 0.9.7.

If you need some informatiom about my hardware just tell me for help to solve this issue.

(Sorry if my english is not enough correct)
Regards

I have the same problem and Iā€™m still on 0.9.5.

You have to start simucube with the wheel centered, then It will phase and calibrate.

If the wheel is not centered, is turned some degrees It will calibrate each 90Ā°.

Can you test:

Observer where the motor does the phase search (turning) at startup. if the wheel calibrates off-center, does it turn at different position compared to where it it calibrates correctly?

The limit between motor pole quadrants can fall very close to your nominal middle position, that could cause this.

Thanks.

Oka, I tested that andā€¦

When I turn on my wheel, if it isnā€™t horizontal the calibratiĆ³n fails and loses the center.

So, here is the issue, I didnā€™t know it.

The only thing I have to do for fix it, is to be sure than the wheel is correctly positioned in the startup phase

Thanks!!!