SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

Especially the Granity Testing tab content, as @IMac showed, would be helpful. This could very well be a minor issue with 1.7.0 IONI firmware.

Here’s the testing tab from when it faults, seems to fault for 3 or 4 times then works on the 4 or 5 attempt, let me know if you need more data.

[ ] Initialized !
[ ] Error recovering
[ ] Tracking error warn
[ ] Target reached
[X] Enabled
[ ] Run (drive active)
[ ] Homing active
[ ] Braking
[X] Permanent stop !
[X] Voltages good
[X] Fault stopped !
[ ] Ready for use
[ ] STO active

[ ] Tracking error
[ ] Over velocity
[ ] Hardware
[ ] Over temperature
[ ] Feedback
[X] Over current !
[ ] Internal comm error
[X] Power stage forced off !
[ ] Under voltage
[ ] Over voltage
[ ] Motion range
[ ] Firmware error
[X] Init !
[ ] Motion
[X] SimpleMotion !

Fault location ID1 600 ?
Fault location ID2 0 ?

! = reasons for inactivity[X] GPI 1
[X] GPI 2
[X] GPI 3
[ ] GPI 4
[X] GPI 5
[ ] GPI 6
[ ] HSIN 1
[ ] HSIN 2
[ ] ANA1 as digital
[X] ANA2 as digital
[ ] ENC A
[X] ENC B
[X] ENC C
[ ] ENC D
[X] Hall U
[X] Hall V
[X] Hall W

[X] Soft enable
[X] Phys enable
[ ] Pos feed enable
[ ] Neg feed enable
[X] Home switch
[ ] Clear faults

Analog in 1 -0.06 V
Analog in 2 0.00 V
Analog Enc A -0.62 V
Analog Enc B 0.00 V

HV bus voltage 48.2 VDC
Device temperature 23 °C
Actual current limit ±25.0 A
Last limit reason None
Output current 0.01 A
Velocity feedback 0 r/s
Velocity feedback (raw) 0
Position feedback -69373
Setpoint value 0

Debug 1 -1
Debug 2 -1
Debug 3 -1
Debug 4 -1
Debug 5 -1
Debug 6 -1

Parameters

| GCFWVER=10700 | FWVER=-1 | HWTYPE=11201 | HWSERIAL=112012393
| BUILDREVISION=4897cde | CEI=2 | UID=3b34c1bd | SMO=0
| TRF1=0 | TRF2=0 | TRA1=0 | TRA2=0
| MPP=0 | NOTCHFILT=655616 | TED=0 | TEF=0
| TEI=0 | SERIALENCBITS=6 | COMMUTATIONCFG=0 | FBR=921600
| FBD=8 | FB2D=0 | TBW=6 | KVP=300
| KVI=30 | KPP=50 | VFF=0 | AFF=0
| PFF=85 | CM=2 | MT=3 | AD=0
| FLAGS=131092 | MMC=25 | MCC=23.5 | FOC=6
| FOV=49.5 | FUV=30 | FPT=1000 | FVT=100
| FEV=9000 | FMO=0 | LSF=0 | AXS=1
| AXT=3 | FFT=0.1 | TSR=0 | TCH=0
| TTR=1 | TBT=0 | CRI=3 | DIV=100
| PIF=2500 | MUL=100 | CAL=10 | CSD=10
| CVL=1000 | CRV=100 | MR=1.23 | ML=3.813
| MTC=2300 | MPC=8 | MMS=1500 | CAO=0
| HOMING=0 | HMV=100 | HMA=10 | HMH=500
| HMT=1 | HHL=0 | HLL=0 | HMF=0
| HSA=0 | HSS=0 | overrideAddr1=0 | overrideAddr2=0
| overrideAddr3=0 | overrideVal1=0 | overrideVal2=0 | overrideVal3=0
| BED=1.5 | BER=0 | BDD=1 | CAPS1=4.19405e+06
| CAPS2=16287

BASSETTS,
Here is the Fault location ID1 600 Information From the Granity Wiki Pages that Mika posted the Link to in his other post above regarding my previous Undervolting issue. Which Now fixed thanks to Mika.

@Bassetts Analysis tells us that your MCC is much too high, and the phasing would happen at very large current. Please try to lower MCC value.

Thanks Mika, I’ll give that a try

I must be confused, I’m sure when I set this up last august I had based it of suggestions of setting MMC to 25A on the Mige 130ST-15015 with the IONI HC with an SDR-480-48, i’ll have to re-read through the guides to adjust correctly.

you can set MMC to 25 A, but we currently think your MCC (maximum constant current) should be lower. Try with 18 A or something like that.

1 Like

Thanks Mika,

What an idiot I am, my brain read MCC as MMC and I was focusing on the wrong value, thanks for setting me straight. yep the MCC did look high, I’ve lowered this down.

Let us know if that helped. We have had a few reports now about initialization faults, and not including your case, they have been some unrelated parameters being a bit off that worked in previous/very old IONI firmwares, but have since been changed and now seem to cause problems if the IONI is in SimuCUBE mode.

If I change to an profile with an steering range less than current one, and the wheel is located outside the new range, the wheel rotates when the new profile is selected. The more out of range, the faster the wheel rotates.

Maybe some warning/limit similar as when changing the steering range is possible to implement?

Yeah, it rotates because of the bumbstop setting. I experimented on making this impossible to do, but maybe I will add a dialog for it. A simple check of the steering angle of the current and the new profile should be sufficient.

Issue being tracked:

Using index point indexing, wheel centers a few degrees of-center. Issue is under investigation.

Early indication from another user is, that the wheel offset code changes in the 0.9.7 release makes it necessary to re-run the motor, encoder and center point wizard after 0.9.7 installation, and after that, the index point based indexing works again.

1 Like

Thank you for a wonderful update.

AssettoCorsa and rFactor2 work perfectly.
However, Automobilista and rFactor did not work.(Clipping LED)
Are there any good ideas?

1 Like

Did they use to work with 0.9.5 for example? Can anyone confirm??

This came already earlier than that, as I had this issue perhaps early 90’s version. Of course re-running servo setup fixed it, so no dramas.

Cheers,
Beano

I’m running v0.9.5 with Automobilista without issue.

I also tried v 0.9.5 but it did not work.
In v 0.9.7 I tried the clipping LED did not work with gmotor 2 series.
What I am saying does not work is clipping LED.

sorry my bad english

Everytime I open the SimuCUBE Configuration Tool I am getting the message in red to save the settings. Even though I havent touched or changed anything. If I save, go out of the tool and back in, the same thing happens.

I am on v0.9.7a. I’m sure this didn’t happen when I first updated to this version.

Thanks for reporting, I shall investigate. However, please paste the debug log from the advanced screen right after booting up simucube and this happens the first time.

I tried to validate it by clipping it completely with Realfeel in Automobilista.

Pure 360 Hz LED does not light up.
Pure 180 Hz LED does not light up.
Pure + Effects 1 - 3 LED lights up.